What Broadhead Did You Use In 2020?

Trevor96

Lil-Rokslider
100gr QAD Exodus
<20 yd bull elk, steep quartering towards me, got a lung, through the guts and broke the opposite hip
45 yd buck, complete pass through

100 gr SEVR 1.5. 5 point bull frontal at 5 yards high on entry angled down and through from the neck/body color line. Buried to the fletching of a 27” arrow. Bull went 30 yards

used the same last year too. I carry some fixed but the SEVRs work so well no reason to grab the fixed.

FNG
My buddy's deer was shot with a 100gr Wasp Jak-hammer and mirrored my results on my cow elk a few years back with a Jak-knife; meat in the freezer but less than impressive results and incredibly weak blood trail. I'll be looking for something new this year. On the positive side, they do shoot incredibly well and were just a bit below my field points

Jermh

Lil-Rokslider
100 gr Montecs over here. They killed what they touched but I'll be looking for something else this year

Curious as to what was your Head of choice? No doubt most of us have good reasons why we chose one over another! For myself I chose the Viper Trick by Slick Trick, it was the 100 grain version, how about yours?

ElkNut
I shot a 125 gr VAP last season, did great, going to use them again this year.
Matt

Catahoula

WKR
Switched last year from Rage 100g expandables to Slick Trick Magnum 100g on a recommendation from a friend. Although, I have yet to hunt with them, they seem to fly as good or damn close to the expandables I was using from my bow on targets. Happy about the switch. 🦌

I've been shooting Montec G5s for awhile now, but have had multiple people complain about how dull they are. I routinely sharpen my broadheads but wanted to hear if anyone else has had similar complaints?

slobow

FNG
Always 125 gr slick trick magnum. I never change..for deer, pigs, turkey or elk. Lots of meat from this years Wyoming bull.

Iron will S125. Damn it buried deep into the tree that was behind the bull that I missed. Sharp as hell and spins true tho. Ya get what ya pay for.

thbrock07

FNG
Still have 3-blade 100 gr Wac 'ems. No issues on elk so far. Will probably switch to some slick trick head once I run out because they're easier to find in a pinch.

Exodus 100gr.... flew true and straight. Unfortunately this tree jumped out into the way and took one for the team, saving the bull standing behind it... honestly can't find anything wrong with the broadhead...
db66546fd1f4991fbdf69e93a445f25f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wapack

FNG
Interesting! I had the same thing happen this year with the Viper Trick. Called a bull to 25 yards & put it through both lungs, complete pass-through, bull just stood there like nothing happened. I nocked a 2nd arrow for good measure but he walked off 15' & now was in cover with no shot, he stood there with zero alarm in his behavior. He walked off like there was no issue but I knew he was hit hard, he fell 20 yards after walking out of my sight!

Most bulls bolt after the shot I've taken so this was more unusual than the norm!

ElkNut
I too have had this happen a couple times. I think it’s when you slip it between ribs on both the entrance and exit at closer yardage with a razor sharp head, zips through so fast and clean they don’t know what hit em! When I break ribs there always running.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
IRON WILL baby!

over 30 years bowhunting out of 52 hunting years. So used a few BH's.
Slick Trick 125gr did me well for many years.
But last 2 years, super impressed with Iron Will 125gr. Heavy blood trails, penetration & pass-thru's with animals dropped within my eyesight.
Have 3 each in vented and solid, prefer solid. So much so, bought and just received new IW 150gr Solid Wides. And these shoot nicely in 2 practice shoots so far.

pic is of bloody arrow with IW-125-S. Pass thru on 67 yard shot on 2020 muley buck. Buck went 30 yards and down, all over in less than 30 seconds and within my vision.
Had complete pass thru on bull elk at 35, 52 yards. The 35 yard uphill shot passed thru....after going thru opposite shoulder blade!
Vertix bow, 29.5"draw, 68-lb draw weight, 505gr total arrow weight.

Attachments

• 2020.AZ bloody arrow IW125-S resz_LI (2).jpg
    2020.AZ bloody arrow IW125-S resz_LI (2).jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited: