What Broadhead Did You Use In 2020?

mwebs

WKR
For those that shoot qad exodus, has anyone shot them with a 5mm FMJ arrow? Do you find them easy to sharpen?

I have accumulated enough Shuttle Ts that I have a good number of practice broadheads at this point but I am looking to switch and don’t want to have to buy a whole set just for targets.

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
For those that shoot qad exodus, has anyone shot them with a 5mm FMJ arrow? Do you find them easy to sharpen?

I have accumulated enough Shuttle Ts that I have a good number of practice broadheads at this point but I am looking to switch and don’t want to have to buy a whole set just for targets.

I shoot QAD 125s with a 340 FMJ. I also use the iron will collars and inserts. I always take the blades out and sharpen ferrule tip. Anyone else do this? I never sharpen the blades, they seem super sharp to me. I always put old blades in when I am testing a hunting arrow. Once I know the arrow flys good I replace the blades with new ones that have never been shot.

FlyGuy

WKR
230gr Valkyrie Jagger

43018596f54dec684c974b0c750f6c8d.jpg
b17788dcf5a609caf460f29f3f5b18af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My plan has been to stick with a 125, but that doesn't mean I won't do some research into the 150 options you have suggested - thanks
I use to shoot shuttle ts as well but shot a bull in the shoulder and it acted like a bee stung it. Stopped the arrow cold. 80# limbs and a 31" draw. Mature animal and unfortunate shot placement but still disappointing.

eshunt

Lil-Rokslider
VPA 100 gr non-vented. Love the solids! Too bad I didn't get to send one down range this season but they have done well in past years. I usually carry a couple of mechanicals for follow up shots/longer shots and have the SEVRs now.

oake

Lil-Rokslider
I use to shoot shuttle ts as well but shot a bull in the shoulder and it acted like a bee stung it. Stopped the arrow cold. 80# limbs and a 31" draw. Mature animal and unfortunate shot placement but still disappointing.

I ended up going with the 3-blade 125 grain Cutthroats. So got my fingers crossed on performance. I just got them in about a month ago now.

Zdub02

WKR
100 gr QAD exodus for me. Was able to put some whitetail in the freezer with them. To answer the above questions I have a hard time sharpening the blades but have good luck touching up the ferrule.

To each there own but I refuse to think I can get a better edge on a razor blade then from factory. That's the purpose IMO of buying a replaceable blade broadhead. There is a reason that surgeries are done with scalpel blades and not a hand sharpened knife. I will shoot heads for practice but change out those blades with factory new ones for hunting if not shoot brand new heads completely. If the tips are fouled up enough they need sharpened IMO they aren't going to fly as true once you sharpen them... My 2 cents for what its worth.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ricard13

FNG
100 grain DRT Dirtnaps is what I had been using. Could never get the field point accuracy I wanted, so I switched to QAD Exodus 125 grain points. I have liked them thus far.

Elk97

WKR
I've switched from Exodus to Tooth of the Arrow XL. Better groups and they are extremely tough. Wouldn't hesitate to use Exodus again if I had to.

Holocene

WKR
125 grain QAD Exodus again. 28 yard frontal shot into the heart. Bull took a few steps and piled up. (Cool pic of heart wound attached).

The QAD shoot great, and I always shoot fresh blades for hunting. If the tips get damaged, those heads become practice tips for broadhead league (we have one locally).

I run SEVR 1.5" mechs in my quiver for possible long distance shots. In practice, the drag on the QAD fixed blade makes it start falling fast after 55-60 yards to the point that my sight tape is off. The SEVR is more accurate and dead on with field points out to 80-90 yards. (I don't shoot animals that far, but if I ever had to take some wild follow up shot it's nice to know where my broadhead would hit).

Thinking of trying Grim Reaper Pro Micro Hades for fixed blades this year. Will have 1 SEVR 1.5" mech in my quiver again, too.

Attachments

• IMG_3502.jpg
    IMG_3502.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 26