What caliber

kcm2

WKR
If your concern is meat damage, the partition from Nosler is the best I've found at minimizing damage.

As to seeing a bear, that's unlikely. But I was stalked by a mtn lion antelope hunting n of Rawlins and saw another mtn lion in a prairie dog town south of Wheatland, so you may see a cat.

Last edited:

TomJoad

WKR
If your concern is meat damage, the partition from Nosler is the best I've found at minimizing damage.

As to seeing a bear, that's unlikely. But I was stalked by a mtn lion antelope hunting n of Rawlins and saw another mtn lion in a prairie dog town south of Wheatland, so you may see a cat.
+1 zero chance for bear in good speed goat territory. My cat interactions have not been in antelope territory but instead steep canyons. Cats are still more likely bears and they aren’t hard to scare off with a stone much less a 243.

littlebigtine

Lil-Rokslider
no such thing as too dead. that being said antelope are thin skinned game and tend to go down easily. a 6.5 creedmoor would be my light recoiling gun at closer distance choice and a 7mm rem mag would be my long distance gun. again, not too concerned about bullet choice here as a properly placed eld-x will have then same result as a LRX. dead antelope