What camo for up close and personal mulies?

IrishnId

WKR
Max1 has been my favorite for open country since it came out. I also like the Mountain Mimicry pattern that Sitka first used.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Love it leafy - I think a lot of the patterns mentioned are great, leafy = INVISIBLE!

Attachments

• DSCN1430.jpg
    DSCN1430.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 49
  • coop buck 2.jpg
    coop buck 2.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 49

J-Daddy

WKR
Coop, I've been having a heck of a time finding any leafy wear in Max-1 recently...You got any hot leads on any???
I can still find it in other patterns but not Max-1.

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
I bought my max 1 leafy at bass pro, whole suit for like 100 bucks. Would love to see that pattern in kuiu but may have to try the vias or maybe first lite and asat.

Hoytnut

FNG
Another vote for optifade, but also like asat. I'm sure you could have success with kuiu, but I worry 100 times more about scent control than I do camo pattern.

J-Daddy

WKR
Bass-Pro is where I have bought my Max-1 leafy

I'll have to look the next time I'm there..That's another draw back to living in the midwest, it's hard to find patterns like Max-1 around here...Everything is either MossyOak Infinity/Breakup or Realtree AP.
I'll probably run a mix of Max-1 & ASAT this year since I'm now an ASAT dealer....I still have some Max-1 laying around that I'll use even for whitetail hunting here in Iowa.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Optifade Open Country works for me.

I'm with whoever above said odor is first and foremost. Camo is the least of my worries when it comes to killing elk. NOW having good functional clothing in the backcountry is a must. That said Sitka and Kuiu are tops on that list.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Optifade Open Country works for me.

I'm with whoever above said odor is first and foremost. Camo is the least of my worries when it comes to killing elk. NOW having good functional clothing in the backcountry is a must. That said Sitka and Kuiu are tops on that list.

I should add for muley, whitetail, and antelope also.

Chris

FNG
I prefer predator patterns for just about all species. That being said, the materials aren't always the greatest for back country type hunts.

I am with Bohntr. Predator camo... Specifically predator brown is the best camo pattern ever made' it works amazing on critters. Sure you can say all camo is about the same but I have had more close encounters with animals where they just stared strait through me wearing predator camo

I like the wolf skin material by grey wolf woolens. Wolf skin is a good backcountry material.