What camo for up close and personal mulies?

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
KUIU, fit, quality, and comfort are my 3 main reasons... + the Vias camo has really grown on me since it was first released...

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use the Vias by Kuiu, but reality is the camo is about 5% of the equation. Keep the wind in your favor and camo is almost not a factor.

muleyman

Lil-Rokslider
I think the most important thing is to match the environment you are hunting in. In the areas that I hunt the Sitka Optifade has worked really well.

Last edited:
B

bearguide

i agree with muleyman / match the enviroment / i like to use different camo on top than on the bottom, it breaks up your pattern even more

OP
B
i agree with muleyman / match the enviroment / i like to use different camo on top than on the bottom, it breaks up your pattern even more

I was wondering about that BG!

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback..

WyoBob

FNG
I am a Predator fan, through & through. I believe it is the most versatile and effective out west. I am not as well traveled as some are on here; however, it does make sense to do as Bearguide suggested. I have also had a lot of luck with Mossy Oak grass land in certain environments, still prefer my predator camo though.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I've used Kings Mountain Shadow in the high country and liked it. Also like the line of clothes it comes in- fit well, constructed well, functional.

MAX-1!!! I love my KUIU gear...but I want it in MAX-1!!!!! I use it for high country mule deer, elk, turkey, early season mule deer in Kansas. The Vias does grow on you too though :)

Lawnboi

WKR
Kuiu vias has really grown on me! Sitka's optifade would be my second favorite. Followed by asat and predator.

Still i dont think it matters too much.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have killed mule deer with all kinds of camo on the market. Matching the terrain the best you can is important but most of all important is controlling your movement when you are in the "Red Zone."

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?510-The-Red-Zone-The-Final-200-Yards.

Mossy Oak Treestand has performed amazingly well for me in the clay badlands, mountains, and open plains. It's not just a treestand camo! It is very close to Mothwing mountain mimicry.

D

david long

Honestly.....I don't think it really matters as long as your outline is broken up.....if I had to pick a favorite I would say Sitka Optifade.

Camo

I really like the Mossy oak Brush for where we live here in NM the Natural gear is a fav. also, any open country pattern is great.

Tons of people that come walking through the shop are military and HATE the digital pattern because of their ACUs and others don't like the Sitka because of the price but the SCIENCE is there. I have had more animals close in open terrain because of the science behind the pattern. I know it works!!!

PhillyB

WKR
I use the Vias by Kuiu, but reality is the camo is about 5% of the equation. Keep the wind in your favor and camo is almost not a factor.

I agree. I have always felt camo was in case you made a mistake. If you make a good stalk, you don't even need it. However, I prefer Kuiu and First lite ASAT patterns