What can you tell me about this AR?

Tool distributor came in today and told me to come on the truck and said if you buy this tool set ($500) you will be one of three in the drawing for this AR in 223. Completely custom and had a "gun expert" tear it down and check everything over and he was told "everything is top of the line". He has 10 tickets so total of $5k is what he will get back. I know nothing about this platform other than the one I shot was fun to shoot. The scope lights up green or red on the reticle and also has open sights on top. Other than that I really don't know anything else about it. What do you guys think? KIMG0482.JPG

Apollo117

WKR
Can you provide anymore info? Without know the brand or the components that went into this rifle it's impossible to tell if it's a decent gun.

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
It’s a budget build. Strongly doubt anything on it (based on what I can see externally) is “top of the line”. “Custom” means nothing in the AR world, anyone can build a “custom” gun from parts on their kitchen table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The make on the lower and upper would be stamped on the other side. I zoomed in on the photo and it doesn’t look like anything special.

The pistol grip is factory mil spec plastic. The butt stock is adjustable and padded. Not mil spec but nothing fancy and looks heavy. The mag well on the lower doesn’t appear to be flared. Any high end lower receiver will have a flared mag well and won’t have that fat lip going all the way around the bottom for you to bump your mag on trying to reload. The upper has a standard mil spec forward assist, shell deflector, and ejection port cover. High end build uppers have nicer items normally. The rail guard and flash suppressor are basic and older style with the non key mod rail. Who knows on the barrel, probably mil spec chrome lined not an accurate stainless. Not sure on the optic sorry.

Based on external components I'd say it is nothing special. Basic grip, basic flash hider, no curved trigger guard, and full rail system (highly unneccessary given Mlok and keymod availability although some might consider that an upgrade). My guess is a basic mil spec (trash) trigger as well. I'm sure it shoots fine but top of the line it isn't.

robtattoo

WKR
I've built similar for under 4 bills.....
Forged upper & lower vs billet makes it almost impossible for it to be North of $600. Flash hider is a $10 job. Handguard screams $30 on eBay. I'd be amazed if you can find the sight for more than $39.99.......

Anozira

WKR
My Cornwell Dealer had a 1911 last month and this month has a Ruger Precision in 6.5. He is selling more tools now than he ever did before.

Man that's brilliant marketing. I don't know if he's a genius or a crook.
5k........ in what currency?