What carbon Tikka stock to get

I hate those responses where people jump in and say something to the effect of "why the hell would you ever even consider that and you are an a-hole for even contemplating something different than the way I think it ought to be done" Like "hey, what do you think of the jet stream jacket?" and they say "jet stream?!? What kind of commie loving satanist would ever consider wearing a soft shell once they stepped off pavement?" wear a puffy 24/7 or stay out of the woods"...So...this aint one of those reponses but just a bit of a different idea...I spent and awful lot of money trying to turn a remington 700 into the gun I thought I wanted at the time. A tweak here and a mod there. A couple of trips to a gun smith. By the time I gave up on it, I could have bought a much better 700 or a whole better platform for the $ I ended up spending.

Applying that learning to my tikka lite 6.5, I have avoided a lot of mods. It shoots well enough but I do hate the cheap feel of the stock. If I were thinking about going carbon with that rifle, I might sell it and go sako carbolite. at 5.3 pounds it is a full pound lighter than my tikka, with substantially better quality all around. Sticker price is high, but I have heard you can catch them for $2200-2300 on a good deal. Which is still a lot more than a tikka, but by the time you add a $600 stock to a $800 tikka + plus smith costs, that gap looks a little more narrow. just a thought I have been kicking around.

Danny1788

FNG
I havent personally used one of these but they look to be well made. I might give one a try next.

OP
cmahoney

cmahoney

WKR
I hate those responses where people jump in and say something to the effect of "why the hell would you ever even consider that and you are an a-hole for even contemplating something different than the way I think it ought to be done" Like "hey, what do you think of the jet stream jacket?" and they say "jet stream?!? What kind of commie loving satanist would ever consider wearing a soft shell once they stepped off pavement?" wear a puffy 24/7 or stay out of the woods"...So...this aint one of those reponses but just a bit of a different idea...I spent and awful lot of money trying to turn a remington 700 into the gun I thought I wanted at the time. A tweak here and a mod there. A couple of trips to a gun smith. By the time I gave up on it, I could have bought a much better 700 or a whole better platform for the $ I ended up spending.

Applying that learning to my tikka lite 6.5, I have avoided a lot of mods. It shoots well enough but I do hate the cheap feel of the stock. If I were thinking about going carbon with that rifle, I might sell it and go sako carbolite. at 5.3 pounds it is a full pound lighter than my tikka, with substantially better quality all around. Sticker price is high, but I have heard you can catch them for $2200-2300 on a good deal. Which is still a lot more than a tikka, but by the time you add a $600 stock to a $800 tikka + plus smith costs, that gap looks a little more narrow. just a thought I have been kicking around.

I bought the rifle for $560 and the one thing I don’t like about it is the plastic stock. I am Ok with spending $500 to get a solid stock, not just loose some weight. I was on the fence about buying a B&C stock for a while even though it would add some weight. I wasn’t planning on have any Smith work done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk