What cheek rest?

What’s up guys? New to the group so don’t eat me alive…

looking for a cheekrest for my tikka t3x .300 WSM. I was out shooting recently and I shouldered my buddies rifle and it was very nice not having to float my head into the perfect position. Was hoping for some some insight / recommendations as there are many to choose from.

WKR

WKR

A little pricey compared to other options but I have the adjustable on my x-bolt and its great. Looks good too. Easy to take off when I need to clean the barrel and no drilling through my stock.

Attachments

• 20210926_193557.jpg
    20210926_193557.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 50
OP
Slabcommander

A little pricey compared to other options but I have the adjustable on my x-bolt and its great. Looks good too. Easy to take off when I need to clean the barrel and no drilling through my stock.
I was looking at these and the fact that I don’t have to sweat bullets as I drill into my stock is a huge upside. Appreciate your input, that rest on your X bolt looks money!

Reactions: WKR

Gila

WKR
Triad Tactical Stock Pack on my T3x 300 win mag. The pad is adjustable. The Tikka T3x stock has vibration dampening built in. If you drill holes in the stock it might shoot different The pad is really comfortable and doesn’t get cold. You can put your dope and an extra mag in the pocket.

Triad Tactical Stock Pack on my T3x 300 win mag. The pad is adjustable. The Tikka T3x stock has vibration dampening built in. If you drill holes in the stock it might shoot different The pad is really comfortable and doesn’t get cold. You can put your dope and an extra mag in the pocket.
This is my go-to solution.

I have them on every rifle I own from cheapo factory beaters to very expensive customs.

ElPollo

WKR
I used gorilla tape and closed cell foam because I wasn’t trying to impress anybody and I had it on hand. Works…

Lawnboi

WKR
For a soft rest, the triad tactical. Comes with additional Velcro pieces to get more height. Nice and comfortable under recoil as well.

For something fixed, Mathews fabrication kydex with flat hardware. If you can operate a drill you can install this on a factory Tupperware tikka stock.

OP
Slabcommander
For a soft rest, the triad tactical. Comes with additional Velcro pieces to get more height. Nice and comfortable under recoil as well.

For something fixed, Mathews fabrication kydex with flat hardware. If you can operate a drill you can install this on a factory Tupperware tikka stock.
Yeah - I’m not actually concerned about drilling into stock. I’ll check the Mathew Fab risers out, thanks.

OldGrayJB

WKR

You may find some helpful info in this thread. Or at least some very entertaining sarcasm.

B23

WKR
I have the Kydex type adj cheek risers on many different rifles. They're relatively inexpensive, easy to install, add hardly any weight at all, and best of all they work great.