What chest binos do you run? Western hunters only.

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
Was wondering what size chest binos do you run? I've tried 12x50 but cannot seem to hold them without shaking and lose field of view. I can't get away from 10x42. I want to be able to run and gun pull them out 1 handed glassing quick hand holding. I'll throw them on the tripod when I can but love my 15x56 for long glassing. I can really pick apart the landscape with those 15's see into brush. What are your thought??

Leica Duovids. They come in either 8-12x42 or 10-15x50. I've been loving mine, I have the 8-12x42. Watch ebay, make offers, and you can get them for ~1k. That's all I paid for mine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Following, I also am in the same sort of dilemma. I have the Burris 12x50 but recently my buddy has a pair of zeiss 15x45 that weigh 3oz lighter than the Burris and am thinking that be the better way to go, more power for less weight. Have the Zeiss on my chest along with my spotting scope in pack.

rmekus

Lil-Rokslider
I run either 8.5x42 Swaro El's for weight savings or 10x50 el. Both are bright but I feel like hand held the 8.5's are easier to spot game.

tdot

WKR
8x32 Swaro. They handhold far better compared to any of the 10x that I've had in the past, including Swaro, Zeiss and Leica's that I've owned. Any loss of magnification is more then made up for by considerably less shake. Bonus is they are lighter and easier to use 1 handed.

If I'm going to sit with a tripod. Then I want something more then 10x. In the end. I just found 10x and 12x to be too much of a middle ground. Was never 100% happy with them handheld and not enough magnification on a tripod.

I use the 8x bino and a 30x wide angle spotter, I'd like to give the 15x bino a try.

Maven 11x45. I can do quick scans without shaking terribly and can glass off my knees well. If I’m gonna sit for a long time I throw a trekking pole underneath and use it like a tripod. Obviously a tripod would do you even better

I have an old pair of the Swarovski SLC habicht 8x30s that I use for almost everything. They were essentially destroyed, and i sent them into swarovski... for $200 I don't know what they did (besides replace just about everything) Even sitting I use them almost exclusively, unless I want a closer look at something, then I use a meopta scope.
I don't see a need for any bins greater than 8x if you are also carrying a scope... at least for me.
The extra fov and light you usually get with 8's vs 10's is more helpful than the extra magnification in my world

Leica 10x42 Geovid in an Outdoor Vision harness, 1 handed retrieval. I used to use the Alaska Guide Creations clip lid harness but got annoyed with the 2 hands needed to open it.

I like my 10x42 SLCs. Before those I used 10x42 Diamondbacks. Throw them on a tripod and it’s even better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
12x is not good for hand holding especially for 1 handed hand holding on the quick. You'd be MUCH better served with an 8 or 10x.
Swarovski SLC is the go to of choice in premium optics and the Leica Geovid is the go to in binocular/rangefinder combos.
We'd be happy to discuss different options with you

12x50EL in big country for coues muleys and antelope. I’m using a tripod 99% of the time. I feel hand held glassing is not really effective with any power binocular. If I’m just out hiking or dinking around with the family then I carry 8x30 slc.