What chest binos do you run? Western hunters only.

86Chevy

Lil-Rokslider
Bushnell legend hd m series 10s in my chest rig and some maven 15s in my pack.

CaseyD

FNG
I guess the question is what are your 12x50s? And what type of country are you hunting? I live and primarily hunt in AZ but have hunted Nor Cal, AZ, ID, MT, and WY so hopefully that’s a qualifying Western Hunter 😉. I have had 10x42 bushnells, 12x50 Steiner, 12.5x42 vortex, 10x42 Leica. I currently an running 12x50 vortex viper HD and have been happy with them. Actually just used them last week in a northern AZ hunt and they cut through the brush very well. Also I just learned about Athlon.... look into the company, may b worth your while. .

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
My perfect set up would be to have both Swaro 8x32 EL and a set of Swaro 12x50 EL. That way I'd have the choice to pick the most appropriate bino for the hunt I'm going on. If you had 2 pairs of great bins and a 65mm spotter you're pretty well covered.

I have had Nikon Monarch 5's, Vortex Razor HD's and I currently own Swaro 10x42 EL's. I just purchased a Swaro ATS 65mm spotter. That has me pretty well covered.....If money wasn't an issue and I hunted more I would have the 8x32's and 12x50's.

Outdoorsman Tripod attachment for Binos....I almost exclusively glass on Tripod.

TripleJ

WKR
Upgraded to Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42's this year. I really like them so far. I had been running Nikon Monarchs for the previous 10 years.

Started my outdoor adventures with 8x42's.

Good field of view. I like the math some other threads have pointed out, being the difference between 8x and 10x. I'm sure the extra zoom can show more but does come with disadvantages.

Napperm4

WKR
10x30 or 10x42 depending on how far or how many days I’m packing.

8x has always left me wanting more magnification no matter how much I try to love it.

12x is a weird magnification to me. I get the logic but I can’t hold them steady enough by hand and I much prefer 15’s as tripod glass.

mc1119

Lil-Rokslider
I have 10x42 vortex talon but am asking the same question and looking into 10x50 meopta or 12x binos.

Shraggs

WKR
Swarovski 8x30 CL Companion in a light weight kuiu harness. Extremely effective and light enough to not feel you are carrying them. I like to get into some tough terrain but also can glass Way further than I would have thought with them.

I also run theses, the second generation. Stunning glass, I believe beats the old swar 8x32 EL.

They are on my chest, if serious glassing is on the ticket then I’ll throw my 12x50 EL and tripod in the pack.

brsnow

WKR
I also run theses, the second generation. Stunning glass, I believe beats the old swar 8x32 EL.

They are on my chest, if serious glassing is on the ticket then I’ll throw my 12x50 EL and tripod in the pack.

I agree and some 12/Tripod are in my future, but these 2nd generation are great especially since I mostly chase elk.

Shraggs

WKR
Yep my first year with them chasing elk, very impressed.

At 17oz and $1200 with tax it’s a smart effective purchase imo. I think the first generation has turned folks off cause they weren’t that good.

Bobcat

Lil-Rokslider
I went from Vortex Talon 10 x 42 to SLC 8 x 42‘s. Of course there’s no comparison in the glass between the two. I hunt mainly timber for elk and find the 8 x 42‘s so much more steady.

TravKatQ

WKR
I just bought a pair of 12x50 Razor UHDs and love them great in all light conditions. I usually run them on a tripod but if I spot something close enough I usually just glass with a range finder so 12 magnification is best for me.

How have you been liking the new razor uhd? Have you compared them to any binos? Looking for reviews on the new uhd but no ones talking lol
-Travis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rustyN

Lil-Rokslider
How have you been liking the new razor uhd? Have you compared them to any binos? Looking for reviews on the new uhd but no ones talking lol
-Travis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was very impressed with the pair I used. I don’t have any, just the HD 10x42s, but after using the UHD I will pick one up when it’s in the budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro