What comfort/non essential items do you pack?

Gapmaster

WKR
What items will you carry for strictly comfort on a backpack hunt? I carry a Zseat, an extra air pillow and my beard comb. Sometimes the little things seem huge after a week or so in the bush.

side note: did meet a guy 7 miles in last year with a 30 pack of beer... that’s dedication. I’m a pint guy myself.

JohnB

WKR
Z seat, pillow, whiskey, camera(since I usually bring my phone for navigation) and a book.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I feel like half of what I carry could be classed as comfort in most conditions, either because it is not really needed (sleeping pad in warm weather, stove for hot food, Etc.) or it is heavier than needed (SO Silvertip vs a 6 ounce tarp).

Though, if sticking to superfluous items:
-Headphones.
-Battery pack so I don't have to be Spartan with phone use.
-Coffee.

Some comfort things I consider near essential. Bodyglide for example, bloody thighs from chafing puts a damper on my functioning as I'm a wimp and slow down rather than powering through it.

I carry a small Bluetooth speaker, some tunes are nice when solo.

Only tenuously related, but I feel like not sharing would be cruelty 🙂. I started bringing some bone conducting headphones as they give me the situational awareness of a speaker with less weight and not making noise that others can hear. I actually use them all the time and listen to far more stuff than I did before having them as I hated having headphones/earbuds block out the world.

xcutter

WKR
I carry a battery pack and have movies loaded on my phone that I watch at night before going to sleep. Makes me feel like I'm in my bed at home before going to sleep.

Other mentionables:
Advil PM
Toothbrush/toothpaste
Klymit X Pillow

Drenalin

WKR
Extra socks - a dry, fresh pair of merino socks can change my whole outlook some days.

Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap, Skippy peanut butter balls, and Unisom can really hit the spot too.

Benadryl (active ingredient in unisom, most OTC sleep aids) Also useful incase is a bee string, etc.

Pillow. Piss bottle (old Gatorade bottle.) I hate getting up, having to put boots on, etc to go take a piss.

Body glide (prevents chafing.)

mlgc20

WKR
I tend to be pretty fanatical about keeping weight to a minimum. However, I will always take a wide sleeping pad and a comfortable pillow. No substitute for a good nights sleep.

Rob5589

WKR
Benadryl (active ingredient in unisom, most OTC sleep aids) Also useful incase is a bee string, etc.

Pillow. Piss bottle (old Gatorade bottle.) I hate getting up, having to put boots on, etc to go take a piss.

Body glide (prevents chafing.)
I call Body Glide an essential item. Some years back I had such bad chafing I had a hard time walking.

Rob5589

WKR
Cigars, scotch whisky, weed, and pain killers for a twisted ankle, etc. I've needed the pills (once in 25 years for a gout attack)... but I rarely make it back with any of the other above.
Damn dude, that sounds more like a party than a hunt :ROFLMAO: