What constitutes a good training program?

Endurance is capillary density. The best way to improve capillary is time out consistently moving. That is best measured in hours, not miles.
Far too many people have bought into demanding cardiovascular activity. The cardiovascular system responds to the demands of skeletal muscle.
Running on flat ground is not going to mimic the demands of rucking in the Rockies. Running on flat ground is going to prepare you for the demands of running flat ground.

You need hit, he needs weights. Its hard to find a balance. We tend to stay in our lane, and do whats comfortable and enjoyable to us.... i started a new program last night mixed in with my mormal routine. My normal hour of weights and hour of low to moderate cardio, even with sprints, was nothing compaired to the minute intervals of jumprope. JUMP ROPE kicked my a$$

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I'm not arguing.
Strength training is an indispensable part of programming. If I had two days a week to train I would choose to strength train, keep my diet super tight and walk everywhere I could.
I may not be in perfect shape for the milage. I will be strong enough to handle the loads and far more injury resistant than I would be if I just focused on endurance.

Even if you're a runner you're not using your energy and time to it's fullest by running in a hunting training program. Hunting is rucking.

I wasn’t even talking about people training for hunting. You weren’t even following along. This is why pretty much anybody can be an internet coach.

I wasn’t even talking about people training for hunting. You weren’t even following along. This is why pretty much anybody can be an internet coach.
Ok
I'm actual coach. I don't coach on the internet at all. I work with some of the best endurance and ultra endurance athletes in the world.

Any training is better than none.
Focused training is better than just any training.
Start with broad strokes if your just starting out and narrow it down to specific goals you need to progress in your chosen field.

Teaman1

WKR
Endurance is capillary density. The best way to improve capillary is time out consistently moving. That is best measured in hours, not miles.
Far too many people have bought into demanding cardiovascular activity. The cardiovascular system responds to the demands of skeletal muscle.
Running on flat ground is not going to mimic the demands of rucking in the Rockies. Running on flat ground is going to prepare you for the demands of running flat ground.
Sorry to bring up an old thread.
This year, I’ve adopted more of a GPP approach, just trying to be in better shape since most days at my job are pretty easy.

Coach, I’m your opinion, running has no place for hunting training for a flat lander heading west? You think rucking is all we need for cardio as hunters?

No arguments from me, just curious on that as I’m trying to make a more specialized program for the 10 weeks before my mountain hunts. I’m currently just running 2 miles 3 days a week and weight lifting 3 days a week

Teaman1

WKR
Will add that I know what I’m doing isn’t going to get me in phenomenal shape by any means.
I just saw how an easy job with no workouts made me chubby, weak, and unable to even run a mile.
Just trying to get stronger with some cardio work (I do incorporate hiit workouts on a rowing machine)

InDeep

WKR
Majority of everybody that is training, especially those who are training for mountain hunting, don’t know a thing about what they are doing and are basing they’re entire training methods off bro science and unaccredited sources.

Hiking with a pack on every day is not the best way to get in shape for hunting with a pack on. Running miles and miles is an awful way to get into shape. “Cardio” is what a lot of people spout off but will have minimal effect on your hunt.

Find a reputable credible source, and shut up, listen, and learn. Btw, if someone’s giving a “program” or a mountain workout away for free, it’s probably worth that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol...ok bro.