What cook stove for truck camping?

What cook stove are you all using for truck camping where weight and space are not an issue? I have a very old 2 burner, but it’s huge for what it is and the hoses are all dry rotted on it. It’s probably 40 years old. Looking to upgrade to something a bit more modern. Need to be able to use the little green Coleman fuel cans as I don’t plan to pack a 35 pound propane tank on this trip. Single or double burner would be great. Just need to fry some bacon or sausage and boil water for the percolator coffee.

woods89

WKR
It's not propane but I bought an old Coleman 425 at a flea market that I love for that sort of stuff. If you get a couple cheap spare parts for them you can run them for a long time. I paid $30 for mine.

The Camp Chef stoves look very nice...I bought a Glaciers Edge two-burner from Fred Meyers this year for a weeklong trip with 5 kids in AK....very happy with it.

Blend120

FNG
I got a Camp Chef mountain series last year. So far it’s great. I can’t think of the model. Everest maybe.

mcseal2

WKR
My hunting buddy got the Jetboil full gen. It works very well for us. We pre-cook meals, vacuum seal, and freeze them. When the hunt starts we thaw out each evening’s meal during the day then place the sealed pre-made meal in a pot of boiling water to heat. We then use the second burner for pasta, instant potatoes, or toast. Whatever we want with the meal that’s heating in the boiling water. It’s fast and efficient compared to cooking a meal from scratch. It saves us sleeping time and helps us hunt more efficiently.

Ranger619

WKR
I bought a two burner Coleman Classic Propane stove about 6-7 years ago. I don't like it. It sucks trying to control the heat. It is either on or off, with makes trying to simmer very difficult. I would try something else if I had it to do over.

lmeyer

WKR
Anyone have any experience with this old Primus? It's for sale locally for 40 bucks and was thinking of giving it a try.Screenshot_20200816-113702.png

*zap*

WKR
I have an ozark trail propane 2 burner that is stainless and I purchased from wally over ten years ago that has done very well but I prefer my coleman white gas stoves.

Man I just use the single burner $22 Coleman burner sits on top of the green bottle. It will blast a cast iron skillet or coffee pot like nobody’s business. I put it next to my cot with the coffee pot when we are truck camping. Coffee on & snooze 10 more minutes

The camp chef pro 60 is awesome. It’s big and heavy but boils water super fast and enough room to cook for a ton of people.