What day did you kill your bull this year?

On what date did you kill your archery/muzzy/early rifle bull this year?

• Any date in August

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Sept 1 through 5

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Sept 6 through 10

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Sept 11 through 15

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Sept 16 through 20

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Sept 21 through 25

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Sept 25 through 30

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Any date in October

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This poll is intended for entertainment purposes, as it obviously can't really be scientific. Every year threads pop up on "what dates for elk this year?" I think generally the responses are third week September. Curious to see when people actually kill their bull. Of course people only kill when they hunt, so the responses already have a bias built into the question, but I wonder if more bulls aren't killed earlier than we think?

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Our group of 3 hunted almost the whole month. Killed mine on the 8th and then buddy shot another on the 25th. We hunted the 2nd-12th and then the 18th-27th. We had encounters/opportunities as early as opening day and as late as the 26th.

corey006

Lil-Rokslider
Season opened on Aug 25.

Got out to woods on Aug.26.

Quick camp setup....and evening hunt....no action.

Aug.27. morning light rain, high winds no action.

Aug.27 afternoon, hiked my treestand into an area that cusps on perennial bedding area....after hiking in treestand I went back to trail for bow and pack.

Was a toss up between taking evening off or trying an evening hunt.

I decided to setup stand and do some calling if time....

Walked in and was scoping out the "right" tree location and spotted Elk feeding and watering across slough.

Setup and after 1 set of cow calls a 5x5 satellite bull came running out at 40 yards.

Made a poor shot but good recovery and hunt was over.

Perfect "eater" Bull and meat is excellent....

This poll is intended for entertainment purposes, as it obviously can't really be scientific. Every year threads pop up on "what dates for elk this year?" I think generally the responses are third week September. Curious to see when people actually kill their bull. Of course people only kill when they hunt, so the responses already have a bias built into the question, but I wonder if more bulls aren't killed earlier than we think?
Hopefully tomorrow

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
I take generally hunt the opening week when they haven’t been educated yet and the 3rd week. I’m not picky when it comes to elk I want a full freezer so if I had to only choose 1 it’s the opening week 2 for 2 on elk last 2 years. A spike on the opener in 20 and a little 3 point on the 4th this year.