What did I do wrong 2.0

CAelk

FNG
Some action is better than no action. Keeps you wanting more! They play the terrain and wind in their favor. They have to play that game everyday to survive.

OP
IDspud

IDspud

Lil-Rokslider
Gave it my best shot. Had two more bulls respond on the last day but wouldn't play. Attempted to stalk in on one after a while but they ghosted me.

Hnthrdr

WKR
What you mentioned is often how the game goes. Have an encounter, get close, but don’t get a shot or almost get one or there is a branch in your way or the angle was wrong or the wind switched. Then you do it all over again. A lot of times you may only get 1 chance a season to shoot. That’s half the fun of the game. If they came in on a line every time that would be amazing but also get old, the reward is in that challenge

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
I cannot even imagine stalking into bow range on these guys in this terrain. If I breathe wrong branches and forest liter are snapping.
Elk are noisy, stop trying to be, or at least stop worrying about, being quiet if that is what you were doing.

The comments about persistence are absolutely true. Being in the elk as often as possible is key. Not sure what the OP has been doing but hunting all day and not hanging out at camp midday helps a TON. Many folks miss out on uncountable opportunities by following the fallacy that elk are bedded all day and thus hunting midday is pointless.

Last edited: