What did you do today to get ready for archery season?

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Shot a bunch.
Grocery shopping.
Packed what I could.
Bike maintenance.
Shot more. A lot more. In the wind.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Working on accepting my archery season is over. I will carry my bow on all our trips, but archery specific trips are over. Learned a lot. Need to rethink my tactics for my area.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
all spot and stalk?

It's all spot and stalk, I'm just feeling like trying to locate and stalk bedded bucks is not what's going to get it done. When they are up feeding has presented me far more opportunities, but I always wait for them to bed. Them they disappear or bed behind a pile of grass that sounds like popcorn.

I've read of others in very rough country who believe the deers movement and chewing can cover a lot of your noise. I think that's the case. Friday I got within 40 yards but a doe looped around and busted me. 10 more feet and I would have been able to shoot over a hump. Found them bedded later in an almost impossible spot.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
And they somehow know to bed on private which is limited. Very frustrating to watch big bucks feed on public in stalkable locations only to go bed on private.

Either way, shot my rifles today. Wyoming here I come.

StuckoYota99

Lil-Rokslider
And they somehow know to bed on private which is limited. Very frustrating to watch big bucks feed on public in stalkable locations only to go bed on private.

Either way, shot my rifles today. Wyoming here I come.
I feel ya. I drove a loop tonight and found multiple deer behind no trespassing signs or in fields I know the landowners don't want people to hunt.
Back in high-school no one cared if you took a shortcut their feild or stopped and took a deer.

msalm

Lil-Rokslider
Bit more ‘Midwestern’, but I sat for the first time tonight and enjoyed watching a 2 1/2yo and doe w/ 2 fawns feed in my food plot hitting the chicory. Had a nicer 3 1/2 yo come hit a scrape at close and passed on him too. Was an enjoyable evening. 3CAE759C-0935-43B8-A2FE-BD61B956D0D6.jpeg

Rob5589

WKR
Getting ready to go back to ID early Friday morning. Little to no shooting, elbow tendonitis is getting pretty bad. Thinking it's time to seek some professional help.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Getting ready to go back to ID early Friday morning. Little to no shooting, elbow tendonitis is getting pretty bad. Thinking it's time to seek some professional help.

Ya, I have had it in my elbow and shoulder from setting tile. Once it gets bad enough some professional hell goes a long way.

Really late to the game this year fine tuning my set up. Just put my peep in last night, won’t get to shoot today, but I will need to confirm my peep location. Need to fine tune my pins and then broadhead tune before Saturday.

Have a dozen bareshafts nock tuned and still need to fletch or refletch 4 of them since I hit vanes just shooting target. I remember why I only shoot 2 arrows at a clip out to 40 now.

I’m actually taking some arrows I need built to work on Monday since I can close my door and no one can see in LOL

Form wise though I feel like my shots are better than ever. I still have a little work to do on my back elbow position but I have really been working on my draw itself so when I hit full draw I’m already aligned properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty cool encounter with a mature deer last night. He had me locked up until he walked straight away. No shot opportunity but awesome he didn't go blowing out.

Attachments

• PXL_20211005_224016137.jpg
    PXL_20211005_224016137.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20211005_224007019.jpg
    PXL_20211005_224007019.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 8

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
ive been practicing daily for my NM hunt. Gonna try and get an arrow in a deer during gun season. On private though. Got a bigun located.