What did you do today to get ready for archery season?

Gorp2007

WKR
Didn't have to drop the kids off at school this morning, so I hit the range before work. Stepped it back to 80 and confirmed that if you accidentally get some 300 spine arrows mixed in with your 340s, you'll see some vertical stringing.

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Rode 16 miles on my mountain bike.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Shot at 60 yesterday. Very happy with that. Finally have a calm morning to verify my pins after moving them a week ago. Wind has been incessant.

This weekend;

New string/cable set installed
Had a half dozen arrows cut down
Pulled the inserts from my previously cut arrows and trimmed them to match the new half dozen
Hot melted all the new inserts so they aren't as big of a pain to remove again later
Tied in the larger Nose Button to give it a shot on the new string

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
This weekend;

New string/cable set installed
Had a half dozen arrows cut down
Pulled the inserts from my previously cut arrows and trimmed them to match the new half dozen
Hot melted all the new inserts so they aren't as big of a pain to remove again later
Tied in the larger Nose Button to give it a shot on the new string
Were you using a kisser before? If so, I'll be interested to hear about how you like the nose button

Were you using a kisser before? If so, I'll be interested to hear about how you like the nose button
No, I wasn't.

I noticed myself dropping out of the bottom of my peep at longer distances and thought I'd give this a shot. I had the smaller one on my last string and didn't feel like I could feel it well enough. I hadn't shot with it enough to give any real feedback though.

Nkustan

FNG
Ordered some Axis 260's to start putting together my arrow build for next season. Think I'm going to run the Hit inserts/impact collars at 50 grs with a 125 head. Also, had an arrow pass through my beat up deer target, through the backstop, into my shed... lol

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Ordered some Axis 260's to start putting together my arrow build for next season. Think I'm going to run the Hit inserts/impact collars at 50 grs with a 125 head. Also, had an arrow pass through my beat up deer target, through the backstop, into my shed... lol

LOL. My shed has improved ventilation this spring.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Shot at 50 and 60 in a howling wind. Overall pretty satisfied with how it went. The important part is my first shot today, at 60 yards, was in the kill zone of my mule deer poster. Very happy about that.

mylsuhat

Lil-Rokslider
Put in an order for a new Mathews V3 29/70

Retiring (not selling) the 2014 Mathews ZXT after 24 whitetail, 7 hogs, and 1 turkey.

Mosby

WKR
I bought a new release. A Carter Like Mike II which just came out. It will be replacing my old Scott and cheap Tru Ball. Got in some new Kifaru pull outs. Putting together a new kill kit.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I found another splinter in my already splintered limb. I've got two extra limbs I can use, but will have to switch them all around to replace this one, and move the cam spacer to the other side to get the bow within specs. So this will be like starting over from scratch for tuning........which I like. But that also means that any 3D shoots are out this month most likely.

ZDR

WKR
Shot in the Mountain Archery Fest mini 3D which wasn’t so mini. 25 targets indoor that went out to 52 yards and 25 targets up and down a canyon. Winds were cold and howling 25-35 mph gusts. Targets were out to ~62. Took my group of 6 over 4 hours to complete. I’m a tired old guy today.