What did you do today to get ready for archery season?

ColoradoV

WKR
Went snowmobiling and backcountry skiing.... No better way to get real world “boots or tracks on the ground” info.

Or snow machines cover a lot of country and I was in a basin I will no doubt return to in August to see what it holds 👍.

Vandal 44

WKR
I have been starting my days with 15 arrows every morning just working on form and the release of the arrow. I then follow that up with lifting weight followed by a 4.5 mile hike or a 10 mile bike ride.

Today I am building some arrows using the Valkyrie components and testing some different vanes TAC vanes and Heat vanes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
Prep goes on year round here and never stops. Shoot everyday as long as it's not too rainy, windy or snowy. Temperature means little. It's 11 right now. Walk the dog twice a day 1 1/2 miles with hills. will start with the pack with weight in a couple of months. Updating some of the gear. Have a bow that needs a new string and tune and the one I'm shooting will need a new string too.

Its -40c here, everything outside sucks, so my 6 year old and I refletched and built new arrows. We had to compromise, she wanted to go look for deer sheds and i didn't eant to be a popsicle.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Gorp2007

WKR
Shot some this morning, practicing with my tension and thumb button trying to figure out what I’m screwing up to make all my shots with the tension release go right. Pretty sure I’m pulling my elbow around instead of straight back.

They canceled the local 3D shoot because of ice on the roads, so its backyard practice for me today.

Beendare

WKR
Shot my Recurve I have set up for 3D and checked bare shaft tune- Same hole, nice.

I should have been shooting my hunt bow as I'm going hog hunting the end of the week.

____

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Shot 8 arrows today. Bow is so much better than anything I have had before.

Changed up mid season last year to an E32 and never did feel at home with it, but starting out after a break it is so nice. Really focused on extending my maximum range to 60 yards.

rclouse79

WKR
Ice fish. At this time of the year it is more about distracting myself than getting in top shape. Pretty soon I will start getting ready for bear rifle and when that is over I will try to maintain fitness while shooting my bow.

KBC

WKR
I have a few bits coming in the mail from Iron Will, I've been re-organizing the garage to make room to shoot a bit and I'm going to make the 1.5 hour drive to BassPro tomorrow and pick up a new bow case I can fly with. Gonna start shooting again in the garage this week since I've taken a couple months off.

Most importantly, I'm also picking up a bow for my wife to use so I can go to the 2D/3D range and shoot more often this year!

qwerksc

WKR
A little field archery shoot at the local range. Just keep shooting! Getting ready for a few 3D shoots coming up. Stay in it!

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Had to wear a long sleeve shirt to tough out the 60's and a cool breeze. Otherwise, being new to the archery game I am shooting arrows every morning trying to get the feel for it.

The other day, I shot some into the block wall, oops. Had a shop restring a bow and put on a dropaway rest. The rest loosened up and I put them into the wall as I was too slow on the uptake to know it was moving and why.

20210211_173026.jpg

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Had to wear a long sleeve shirt to tough out the 60's and a cool breeze. Otherwise, being new to the archery game I am shooting arrows every morning trying to get the feel for it.

The other day, I shot some into the block wall, oops. Had a shop restring a bow and put on a dropaway rest. The rest loosened up and I put them into the wall as I was too slow on the uptake to know it was moving and why.

View attachment 264271

Inspect those arrows carefully. You know to bend carbon arrows and if there is any noise or you suspect damage to toss them right? Bad news to use damaged arrows.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks, one arrow was trashed and the others are OK for now, but have different nocks so I am watching them. I will check them again today.

Not sure what they used for the inserts.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Worked out and shot 4 arrows this morning.

Walked the dog in my shed hunting area for an hour then went home and shot 20 arrows this afternoon.