What did you do today to get ready for archery season?

Confirmed my tune, I may be a little nock high and smidge nock left, but I’m not good enough of a shot through paper with bareshafts at 18 feet to adjust my tune according to my tears once they are less than a 1/4 of an inch. I will let my broadheads confirm my tune.

Next on my list: set peep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ia bhtr

FNG
Set my 3d elk target up in heavy timber , then started " hunting " , will be a daily thing till I leave for my hunt , get my legs and lungs burning then take my shot , only 1st shot counts , changing terrain for target weekly , for up hill , down hill , side hill , flat ground , sparse cover to heavy cover , try to simulate any possible shot scenario

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
Stupid me tinkered with my bow after having it all setup….

so off to the range I went, and good thing I did. Sight either got knocked a bit or the bow slowed down. Had to re-sight as I was about 12” low at 60yds and 3” left. All good now!

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Just wrapping up 10 shifts in 14 days. Been a grind. Now for some family time and to finish packing.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Shot 30 arrows yesterday, 30 today. Finishing sharpening the 3 broadheads I missed my target with. Waiting on the bleeders to show up from Iron Will to finish assembling.

Also loaded up the pack for the trip. 41 pounds with my bow on my back for 6 days of hunting. My OCD is trying to see where I can drop 1 pound to make it an even 40.

Debating on whether to mess with my bow tune or not. I have a habit of getting something very close, then trying to perfect it and messing it up worse.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
66ish arrows sent today ranging from 20 yards to 90 yards. Confirmed my broadheads out to 60 yards and am comfortable there finally. Need to get back on the exercise though.

kcm2

WKR
Nothing. Day of rest. Shot yesterday. Laser guided to 80 yards. My bow shoots better than I can.

mncoolbeans

Lil-Rokslider
Purchased a New Ravin R10 Crossbow, got here all Zeroed in out to 100-yards, now to practice with Multiple Broadheads and find the best Flyer.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Hiding from the sun watching beds. Found a bachelor group of 13 last night.
Storms blew them out and scattered them. Good, that's too many eyes.

Wind forecast is good for tomorrow.

I explored some ground away from my hunting area to get rid of my restlessness. Found a shed and am now tired. LOL

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Hunting a desert. During a drought. Rain is gonna screw up my hunt.

I just can't win when it comes to hunting mule deer with a bow. Good thing I love it so much.

Hit the weights , jogged a mile then glassed some bucks

Attachments

• 20210901_191807.jpg
    20210901_191807.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 23
OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Did not bring a deer home. All my own fault.

Great trip. Got there Monday afternoon and left today around noon. Shot a 3 point through the brisket(I think) Wednesday morning. Tracked him 200 yards and he barely bled. Arrow had meat and fat on it. Pretty sure I saw him a mile away headed over the horizon in an ocean of grass. Ugh.... All that practice to miff a 40 yard shot.

Learned some great lessons. I really need to be less impactful on this area when I camp. Little by little the larger bucks gravitated away from the area I found them in. Pretty sure it was my camp doing it.

When 20 yards from bedded bucks don't remove your release from your d-loop when changing approach angles. Ya, that cost me a buck this morning. They both crossed I'm front of me and the smaller on stopped at 30 yards and stared at me while I fumbled to connect my release. He ran just as I came to full draw. LOL

Saw some amazing deer including the largest buck I've ever seen. Probably bigger than most hunters ever see. This is my third year hunting this area. I learn it better and eventually I'm gonna pull a big buck out of there.