What did you do today to get ready for archery season?

wweaver

FNG
Went and picked up my new elk bow 75lb 31.5 inch VXR, ordered it months ago, being left handed sucks. Initial impressions are that its going to be an awesome bow, at least I have lots of time to get it set up before September. This is my first new bow since 2012 when I got my Heli-M. Now onto reading 20 more threads about what arrow spine and getting the correct FOC. Looking at 260 spine Easton Axis 5mm match grade.

Reactions: JCY

406unltd

WKR
Bareshafted the new bow today out to 40 and am as excited as normal for a new season.

I live in Texas, hunting season never ends here!
That said, last week during the winter storm I replaced the qad on my RX-3 with a Hamskea Trinity.
Today I shot 18 arrows at 20yds.

IMO A guy should shoot as often as possible even if it’s just 6 arrows

Last edited:

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
On week 3 of recovery from shoulder surgery. Reading through random threads on here about packs, tripods, and mule deer hunting. Lots of time to kill.

Already bought new arrows for the season. Went to a 340 from a 400 but haven't shot them for obvious

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
At 0000:01 I put in the request for PTO the last 3 days of August and the first 4 days of September. Limited spots and first come first served. If they are going to make it a challenge, I will rise to it.

I try to shoot at least 500 arrows a week out of my compound, and maybe 100 out of my recurve.

I try to hike in Palo Duro Canyon 2-3 days a week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On week 3 of recovery from shoulder surgery. Reading through random threads on here about packs, tripods, and mule deer hunting. Lots of time to kill.

Already bought new arrows for the season. Went to a 340 from a 400 but haven't shot them for obvious
I went through that 3 years ago. Had to shoot 60# that fall. You got it at the right time though. Hope you have a quick recovery.

I’ve been testing arrow set ups and tuning my ventum 33. I try to shoot most every day. Backpacking and stair climber work outs will start soon. Spring bear and turkey is coming up as well.

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
I went through that 3 years ago. Had to shoot 60# that fall. You got it at the right time though. Hope you have a quick recovery.

I’ve been testing arrow set ups and tuning my ventum 33. I try to shoot most every day. Backpacking and stair climber work outs will start soon. Spring bear and turkey is coming up as well.
I had the right shoulder done in 2012. Now it's the left. With bow technology today, I only bought a 60lb bow and with the limb screws buried it's 63lbs. I'm happy with that. Rarely don't get a full passthrough

Gorp2007

WKR
Perfect weather outside and didn't need to be to work until noon, so I went out and practiced with the tension release out to 80 yards. I'm constantly amazed at how well the bow shoots when I trust the pin float. Wish I'd gotten a tension or hinge a lot sooner.

cured_ham

WKR
Got the Black 5 bareshafted with the 80lb limbs.

V3, strings, and a fast eddie on the way cause redundancy (if I need an excuse)

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Yoga, work out, shoot 12 arrows. Also started organizing my reloading bench to make live rounds. Now that has nothing to do directly with archery hunting, but it will keep my wife shooting at prairie dogs while I scout and hunt which makes the whole thing easier. She has now boycotted spot and stalk mule deer hunting. LOL

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Shot outside today for the first time this year. Couple takeaways.

#1: My 60 yard pin is now my 50 yard pin. 🤔

#2: Got some work to do.

#3: The doghouse is gonna need some silicone. ☹️