What did you do today to get ready for archery season?

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
1. Bought a wickstick 6" stabilizer
2. bought a glassing pad
3. bought a pop-38
4. filed a warranty claim on my danners that still give me blisters since buying in august

come on ups man!

Last edited:
OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
1. Bought a wickstick 6" stabilizer
2. bought a glassing pad
3. bought a pop-38
4. filed a warranty claim on my danners that still give me blisters since buying in august

come on ups man!

Which Danners? My uninsulated Pronghorns have given me some nasty blisters. Figured it out with socks, but it sucked.

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
Which Danners? My uninsulated Pronghorns have given me some nasty blisters. Figured it out with socks, but it sucked.
Viscous 4.5" uninsulated soft toe. Cotton socks were the worst but I still got blisters with Merino smart wool socks. Customer service indicated it's possible the heel cup is misshaped and suggested I put in the warranty claim.

Last edited:

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Had new vibram soles installed on my leather boots I’ve had for 4 years by the coolest old local Swiss guy on the planet at the boot shop and took them on a 10 mile hike ..... dang what a treat is it to have new lugs :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Cotton socks were the worst but I still got blisters with Merino smart wool socks.
Yes, cotton socks are the worst.......because they hold moisture. But merino socks by themselves aren't much better........they hold moisture. You need a poly liner sock, and it will be much better. I don't know how folks do it with just merino socks (and some do). Their feet must not sweat much. To me liner socks are even more important than my base layers......but both do a good job of getting the sweat away from my skin.

Tradchef

WKR
early afternoon work out after chores, before work. Late night 4 mile ruck after work. I do this 6 days a week unless i have something going on then it’s 5 days a week. i do this year ’round and it helps a lot when you’re putting on the miles. Also helps dial in equipment but I’ve used the same boots, packs, sticks, etc for years now so mainly it’s seeing my weak points to work on.

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, cotton socks are the worst.......because they hold moisture. But merino socks by themselves aren't much better........they hold moisture. You need a poly liner sock, and it will be much better. I don't know how folks do it with just merino socks (and some do). Their feet must not sweat much. To me liner socks are even more important than my base layers......but both do a good job of getting the sweat away from my skin.
My feet sweat at the drop of a hat. It's awful

MNman

FNG
40 degree day in Mn only means one thing. Some ice fishing and shooting the Matthew’s outside on the lake. I must say, it’s a great day!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My feet sweat at the drop of a hat. It's awful
Ya, try the liner socks. I like Cabela's 2-pack polypropylene liner socks, been using them for decades for elk season. My feet sweat as well........along with my whole body when elk hunting. But my feet are always dry when I go to bed every night thanks to the liner socks, and hang my merino socks so they can dry.

Today I finally got my Victory RIP TKO Elite 250 arrow shafts to try out, so hope to get them built and start testing them next week.

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
Ya, try the liner socks. I like Cabela's 2-pack polypropylene liner socks, been using them for decades for elk season. My feet sweat as well........along with my whole body when elk hunting. But my feet are always dry when I go to bed every night thanks to the liner socks, and hang my merino socks so they can dry.

Today I finally got my Victory RIP TKO Elite 250 arrow shafts to try out, so hope to get them built and start testing them next week.
I've only typically used liners in the past either when it was super hot and that's all I wore or super cold and is wear them to the stand and then pull the thick wool socks over them.

Spun my wheels looking at arrow components for my first at-home build. Was 99% settled on what I was going to buy around 9AM this morning and now I'm looking at options I didn't know existed yesterday.

1 step forward and 2 steps back...

TX_Diver

WKR
Ran yesterday since it was above 40 for the first time in a few months. 3 miles sucked.

Today I listed a bunch of gear that I need to clean out.

Next week mount my bow-sight again and start shooting outside a bit. I'm limited to 16 yards in the basement most of the winter so I don't shoot a ton.

Hiked, took my new used bow to a pro and had it tuned, timed and tweeked (actually a few days ago). Tip! Take your bow in now and not in the fall, the shop isn't generally busy.

4rcgoat

WKR
Finally built the draw board i said i was going to build last year. Super easy,cant believe ive waited this long to build 1.

Reactions: ZDR

wayoh22

WKR
Dude...I really like their strings but the wait time is a drag.
I ordered 1/24...still have to wait till the end of next week. I called customer service and asked what was going on and they said the ice storms they had last week and the week before really set them back since they had to shut down

My local shop said that they get priority over sole individuals ordering which somewhat grinds my gears but I understand why

I ordered 1/24...still have to wait till the end of next week. I called customer service and asked what was going on and they said the ice storms they had last week and the week before really set them back since they had to shut down

My local shop said that they get priority over sole individuals ordering which somewhat grinds my gears but I understand why
The last set I ordered through them, I ordered through my shop. It still took over a month.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Verified my pins out to 50 yards today. For some reason 50 and 60 yard pins are hitting low. Adjust and move on. I had the archery shop adjust my peep after it twisted a couple weeks ago, maybe that has something to do with it.

I stretched and still ended up with an unhappy shoulder today. Was moving scaffolding too so hard to say what did it.

Marble

WKR
Not today but yesterday...

Replaced sight tape on wifes bow with tape for 3d arrows.

Got rid of the click on my hinge

Shoot for two hours
60 yards

Then 27 degree angle up and down.

Worked on maintaining the same shot process (timing) at every yardage. I tend to over aim at distance and freeze on pulling through. It's either awesome or not.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk