What did you do today to get ready for archery season?

Marble

WKR
Today I started putting lacquer on a 4 piece, 5 weight fly rod to carry during scouting this year in Wyoming and maybe some fishing in CO during TAC.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Shot indoors yesterday for the first time. Worked out in the morning and shot a bunch in the afternoon. 30-40 arrows. Went very well and my 50 yard pin is on. Shooting great at 40.

In talking with the shop guy figured out that my sight has 3rd axis adjustment. I now need to learn what that means and figure out how to set it.

Archery is not simple.

There was a guy there with a Ravin crossbow. What an annoying piece of tool. The guy, not the crossbow. Holy cats people make their lives hard.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Still at 30 yards, best 4 shot group, but only three in the target kinda sucks. I don't know whether to celebrate the luck or cry cause its at least one more ruined arrow...20210303_074458.jpg20210303_074505.jpg

Shot indoors yesterday for the first time. Worked out in the morning and shot a bunch in the afternoon. 30-40 arrows. Went very well and my 50 yard pin is on. Shooting great at 40.

In talking with the shop guy figured out that my sight has 3rd axis adjustment. I now need to learn what that means and figure out how to set it.

Archery is not simple.

There was a guy there with a Ravin crossbow. What an annoying piece of tool. The guy, not the crossbow. Holy cats people make their lives hard.

Griv goes over it here, I haven't watched his video on it actually but he normally does a good job with stuff. Really should be done at full draw.

Lots of videos on YouTube for it. Hamskea makes a good tool for it.

I didn't do anything preparing, except work. Which I guess is actually preparing. Money needs to come from somewhere.

Fullfan

WKR
Bought a new target, another dozen shafts, more fletching. And shot about 30 arrows.

Shooting 3D, getting ready for league, back yard practice, blind baling, adjusting tapes. 3D should start in the next few weeks where I'll have 1-3 shoots a week until August.

cured_ham

WKR
Scheduled an MRI to see if shoulder will need surgery. Built half a dozen arrows for the girlfriend. Started looking for #40 Black 5 limbs.

Scheduled an MRI to see if shoulder will need surgery. Built half a dozen arrows for the girlfriend. Started looking for #40 Black 5 limbs.
Ugh....been there. Hope it goes well. I ended up getting my wife some 40# limbs for my halon 32 before I had the surgery. It made a great rehab bow.