What did you do today to get ready for archery season?

prm

WKR
Bad news, another month or so before I can shoot
Bummer.

I go back to doc on Friday to find out what damage there is from dislocating my shoulder last week. I'm mildly optimistic nothing major has happened, but it's definitely not right either.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Got my pack frame in the mail and assembled.

Working an extra shift. Money is good.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
The bad: been off my diet for a week and a half. I need to get back on it.

The good: shot 30 arrows this evening.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

ZDR

WKR
Shot in my weekly 3D league and would have had my highest score except I forgot to move my sight and completely missed the easiest target of the night. At least my shooting compadres had a good laugh

Shot in my weekly 3D league and would have had my highest score except I forgot to move my sight and completely missed the easiest target of the night. At least my shooting compadres had a good laugh

Better to not move your sight than move your sight and forget an arrow.

I was shooting with a guy 2 weeks ago when I looked over and caught him.

It happens.

ZDR

WKR
Better to not move your sight than move your sight and forget an arrow.

I was shooting with a guy 2 weeks ago when I looked over and caught him.

It happens.
Im betting he was quite appreciative of that...It happened to a guy in our league a few weeks ago. Didnt see it but did see the results...ouch!

Im betting he was quite appreciative of that...It happened to a guy in our league a few weeks ago. Didnt see it but did see the results...ouch!

It would have been the second time that week for him. He had just gotten a brand new Elite target bow and with fiddling with the sight and a hinge he forgot to put an arrow on.

Similar thing here with his hunting bow, play with sight, play with release, feel like you fiddled enough that you put an arrow on.

Guess when you change a bunch of things at once it's easier. He was excited to finally have a target bow, been shooting his hunting bow again waiting on cams.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Shot with the new pack on. About time to start gearing up for practice.

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
Added a Scott strap to my Back Strap so it mirrors my Like Mike II as close as possible.

Attachments

• C5BB86CD-8C80-4B31-B496-6A0B18A00780.jpeg
    C5BB86CD-8C80-4B31-B496-6A0B18A00780.jpeg
    464 KB · Views: 16
OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Been practicing most days. Luckily the wind always howls here so that's helping.

Today was the first day with all my stalking gear on: hat, face mask, gloves, long sleeve shirt, bino harness. Went well. Got a new Kryptek boonie today that I really like. Bigger brim than my last. September is hot. 102° for one of our trips last year.