What did you do today to get ready for archery season?

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Yesterday put together truck packing list.

Today started to gather it all together.

Less than 5 weeks to go.

ID_Snow

FNG
Got the bow tuned post-break in. Switched to 125 gr points and heads to bring total weight up to ~450gr. Bought my broadheads, 1.125”, 3 blade Montecs. Shot two dozen arrows when I got home. Im not in quite as much of a hurry as many in here - I think I’ll just be hunting whitetail this year in October and December.

ZDR

WKR
Took a part-time job in our local archery pro shop. Im in my 4th week there and am learning so much about tuning, maintaining and shooting my bow. I always had the shop do most of the work on my compounds and its great to now know how to do it myself. Plus I get to hang out with a few nationally ranked shooters and pick their brains. All in all, I cannot call it a job, just a great opportunity.

Graf228

FNG
Currently working on getting myself a few Programming certificates so that I can earn a better paycheck which in the long run will allow me more hunting opportunities, These things cost money after all!

ia bhtr

FNG
Put new Threadz strings on my V3 31 , retimed it , broadhead tuned it , then shot the African half of the R100 in Yankton SD

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
Took cams off VXR to top hat tune and both bearings in bottom cam r shot. Guess this should b in the "what I was gonna do thread"

Shot broadheads with field points at 60 was happy with my results.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Yesterday, push mowed under all our trees. Learned a great lesson about checking your socks for balls of lint. Swam at the pool with the kids. Shot the bow.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Just finished the Tradquest interview with Jerry Stout. I happened upon it, don't shoot a trade bow, but it would have saved me years of effort if I have found it when it was new.

If you are a desert mule deer hunter you owe it to yourself to find it and pay attention.

Just put another 200 shots downrange today, (daily workout) gotta keep those muscles tuned!

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
20 arrows or so on the bedded buck target. Lots of different angles and ranges.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I had some cookies.....gotta get bulked up before it gets cold.

Pick up my painted ambush green traverse riser tomorrow and the start to reassemble my traverse X.

I mean build my bow.