What do I need to make arrows?

J.Wells

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys I’ve been shooting a recurve for a little over two years. I freaken love them and feel as if I’ve got the bug pretty bad lol. I’ve been thinking about getting into making my own arrows or I guess it would technically be “fletching” my own carbon shafts. Anyways what kind of equipment would I need to get started and where’s the best resource for me to actually learn how to do this ? Thanks in advance!!!

Fjtoyman

FNG
I made a whole series on making wood arrows on YouTube. The fletching episode will give you a good basis for Carbon and Aluminum.

There are a lot of jigs on the market. I’ve tried most all of them over the years. You can’t beat a Bitzenbuger for the versatility. They are spendy but will last you a life time.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have more questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheepdog

FNG
The minimum to get started would be a blitzenburger jig with the clamp config you want(RW helical, LW helical, straight), bonging platinum fletch-tite, and what ever cut, length, wing and color feathers you like.

*by default I say feathers, but you could use vanes as well.

oldgoat

WKR
A Weston High Speed arrow saw is a nice addition to things mentioned above, it's the most economical and still get a good clean cut, get the one with the vacuum attachment shroud so you aren't huffing carbon dust, then a G5 arrow squaring device is also a nice addition. I highly highly recommend using wraps under the feather, you can buy exact size you need ones from onestringer.com, they sell different widths for different diameter arrows, I actually buy 7" long and whatever width I need and cut them in half since I use short 2.5" feathers, usually gives a good glue bond easier for the feather and less chance of goofing up the shaft wall when you want to refletch.

SliverShooter

Lil-Rokslider
I have been making arrows for over 30 years and Andy’s step by step instructions are by far the best out there.
His prices (Addictive Archery) are competitive and the there isn’t any better quality or service.

Mostly carbon arrows here but would imagine fletching jig and arrow saw. Then glue and components

Beendare

WKR
Add a jig that squares the ends and checks BH straightness to your list. There are a few commercially available but it’s easy to make your own, this is my 25-year-old version

D6F8797B-79D7-48FB-A719-AB43FBEAD704.jpeg