What do these bucks Score?

Titan_Bow

WKR
Ive got an area I hunt in Nebraska that is like that. There is this little finger of public land at the very farthest point of the block of public. Its a thick and gnarly creek bottom that filters out into open prairie and private ag fields. Its a normal funnel earlier in the year as deer work back from feeding in the ag, going into thicker areas to bed. BUT, when gun season opens, if you can get out to that point at 4am and set up overlooking it, when daylight breaks, every deer in the public funnels up that creek and out onto the prairie! My son has shot 3 bucks from the same spot on opening day employing that tactic

Lowg08

WKR
I do hope your boy grabs one. Im
Not very good at scoring on the hoof or giving advice for that area but i’ll be rooting for y’all.

renagde

WKR
My opinion on rough score by just looking.

Photo 1 - 110" (short times, no mass, narrow)
Photo 2 - 135" (good number of points but no mass, and time length is not fantastic)
Photo 3 - same as 2
Photo 4 - 135 (I don't see that extra pt so think it's a different buck, however it looks really close to 2)
Photo 5 - same as 2
Photo 6- 135 (better mass and length but 4x4 vs 5x5). This looks like the most mature buck to me but hard to tell.

My comments are score related only. I'd kill all but the first buck and the yearling with its head showing. We'll see if I stick to that with my archery only buck tag this year. :)
I think these are far more realistic numbers. IMO none of these touch 140". Put one on the ground then we'll know for sure!

hobbes

WKR
I think these are far more realistic numbers. IMO none of these touch 140". Put one on the ground then we'll know for sure!
Yeah, I think so. With a photo, I always compare tine length to the eye to nose measurement. Front corner of eye to tip of nose is a standard measurement to take for taxidermy forms. Forms come from a hair over 6" to 8". I measured a fair number of them from Southern Illinois and 7 to 7.5" was a pretty good average for most bucks brought in. I'd occasionally get a really big bodied deer that would be closer to 8". If a buck's tines look a hair to a little longer than that measurement,they are probably around 8", maybe a little more considering curvature. 8" G2s just don't get you very high in the score category unless you have something substantial somewhere else to make up for it. Even then, you need tine and main beam length to make up inches fast.

Still some nice looking bucks. I hope they kill some of them and prove me wrong. :)

I would say other than the yearling, all of those are shooter bucks for a very respectable whitetail. Use a scent drag on the way in and sit early morning through 9-10:00 and the call/rattle good areas while scouting more territory.
Less is definitely more when it comes to scents.

I've hunted NE Oregon for whitetails for the last 18 years usually in December, use a grunt call they work over here. Those are some nice bucks for our area.