What do you do with your pictures?

Wapiti1

WKR
For display, I print a few, and make photo books of our big trips. Shutterfly, MPix, Adorama all do good work. I pick the one having a sale at the time.

Other things we've done are pillows, blankets, and rugs of a few photos.

As for storage, I back up on two drives in the computer and backup monthly to a cloud service. Every couple of months I backup to a hard drive I keep in my office at work. I'm paranoid about losing my photos.

Jeremy

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
I have an album where I put every big game animal we shoot, plus a photo or two from every trip. Add in some other special photos. I call it The Man Book. We also do a Christmas letter each year and I keep a copy of all those in the back. Pretty easy way to track significant family events. I love picking up The Man Book and just thumbing through it. My kids even like it.

pyle762

FNG
Usually I cherry pick the best pics and video and make a video and uplaod it onto my youtube for whatever the trip might be. Long after I am not around I hope that youtube account will still be there for my kids and grandkids to pull up. I use the gopro app and make all the videos on my phone. It is really easy.

Last edited:
OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
I appreciate the suggestions! I normally try to take advantage of Walgreen's sales when they mark down the cost of their 4x6 wood panels. They look pretty neat and cell phone pics turn out great on them.

I also like the idea of the Man Book as @Winnie mentioned. I'm thinking I could have photobooks made of my out west trips. This will all take a little work but I think it will be worth it.

What about all the video clips you take of your kids and stuff? I really don't know much about video editing but would like to chronologically order them onto DVDs. I don't know-I just hate knowing I have these memories stored away on the computer.

What about all the video clips you take of your kids and stuff? I really don't know much about video editing but would like to chronologically order them onto DVDs. I don't know-I just hate knowing I have these memories stored away on the computer.
What I do is just use the video editer that is in Windows 10. It is a Microsoft something and was just there. Pretty easy just drag the clips down into it and you can build one video. Can’t remember exactly what it is called. Works good for basic stuff

pyle762

FNG
I like to use the gopro app on my phone to make my videos since my phone is what I use for most of my video and pictures. The good about the gopro app is that it interfaces with Google photos so as long as what you have is downloaded on Google photos or is on your phone you can upload to the gopro app.

From there it is just a matter of uploading the pics and vids in the app. Putting them in the order you want. Doing individual edits to each one and putting the personal touches on it like the music you want or captions. Then you save it to your phone. From there you can upload to whatever program like YouTube or save on a drive or burn it on a DVD.

4rcgoat

WKR
Wife does a lot of scrap booking with photos from freeprints.com. She recently started ordering these photo "tiles". Now she decorates the house with them.

Attachments

• 20210227_071502.jpg
    20210227_071502.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210227_071424.jpg
    20210227_071424.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 10
OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
Wife does a lot of scrap booking with photos from freeprints.com. She recently started ordering these photo "tiles". Now she decorates the house with them.
Walgreens sometimes put their wood Panels on sale. I try to snatch a few and we've been decorating the stair case wall. It's not finished but we are getting there. So at least I have this much going for us.

Attachments

• 20210226_185801.jpg
    20210226_185801.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210226_185801.jpg
    20210226_185801.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 7