What do you do with your pictures?

Finch

WKR
So back in my day (not long ago), we'd take pictures to get developed and most would end up in a photo album or maybe a shoe box. Thing is you could flip through them when you wanted. Nowadays, everything is digital and they can easily be forgotten. Do you guys print your photos, make photo books, etc? I have tons of picture folders on my computer and want to do something with them. I hate they their home is the computer and nowhere else. Photo albums seem to be a lost art.

If you have Amazon Prime, then you have Amazon photos. All our phones are connected and upload automatically. The ones on your computer you can upload as well. Amazon arranges them all by date taken. From the app you can sort by dates and also facial recognition. Pretty cool. Also everyday I get a notification and it shows me all the pics taken on that day in years past.

I am sure Google photos and other apps do it also, but we already had prime, so might as well use what you are already paying for.

OP
Finch

Finch

WKR
If you have Amazon Prime, then you have Amazon photos. All our phones are connected and upload automatically. The ones on your computer you can upload as well. Amazon arranges them all by date taken. From the app you can sort by dates and also facial recognition. Pretty cool. Also everyday I get a notification and it shows me all the pics taken on that day in years past.

I am sure Google photos and other apps do it also, but we already had prime, so might as well use what you are already paying for.
I have prime but somehow forgot about this feature. Thanks.

Brendan

WKR
Google photos. Pretty much every picture I've ever taken available quickly online and on my phone. Every picture taken on my phone gets automatically backed up to the cloud.

I use google for backup services for important files, scan and shred everything too. Cost is something like $20 a year for the amount that I have.

I make it a point to back everything up to Google drive but will also print some photos out for an album. Mainly hunting photos and baby pictures are the only ones I’m printing at this time.

I worried for awhile that I’d upload photos to the cloud and never go back and look at them. But i try to at least a handful times a year and spent some time at first organizing them into folders by memory or vacation. My mom scanned a ton of old slides onto a thumb drive and i even saved a lot of those photos too. Been a lot of fun looking into the past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kpk

WKR
I really need to sit down and get pictures printed. I've got them on the computer, back up hard drives, and several cards out of the cameras. I use Mpix for printing stuff and have been very happy with them.

Most importantly - make sure they are backed up somewhere - preferably several times. Storage is so cheap now there's no reason to not have several back up drives or cloud services.

I would also add, we could view pics on our TV when we had a Firestick. We have moved away from them for Roku so haven’t explored if I can get Prime Photos there also. I am sure all the cloud type apps work the same. Not advocating for Amazon, it is just that most everyone has a Prime Account and may not know about everything that comes with it.

The TV and Computer is why I started taking all my pics with my phone turned sideways. It will change the orientation of the pic and take up the whole TV/Monitor screen instead of having black all around the edges.

ODB

WKR
Unless you are also sharing passwords for all of your digital storage means, those pics will cease to exist one day. You never know when you will kick off. If you think it’s worth preserving those pics beyond your lifetime, select the best and print them and make photo books with hand-written notes.

A friend just shared some pics of their father who was a PH in Tanzania in 1935. The relatively few pics and hand-written notes were like a time capsule. He didn’t need to share 1000s of pics. A selected few told the story.

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
I try to get a few for each hunt into a frame along with any other mementos (seems to be spent brass for us) and display them close to the euro's or mounts around the house. sort of like small collages of three to five pics. I also print a photo of each animal and stick in in a thin magnetic frame and stick them to our upright freezers that are in our hunting storage/gun room. great way to see your kid grow up all over again.

Rob5589

WKR
Either on my laptop or Google. I have had some hunting pics of me and my daughter printed by Printique which came out great.

Amazon prime is great for all the reasons mentioned above. You can also order prints and other photo products direct from Amazon prime too, if I recall correctly.

Kountry Biscuit

Lil-Rokslider
So back in my day (not long ago), we'd take pictures to get developed and most would end up in a photo album or maybe a shoe box. Thing is you could flip through them when you wanted. Nowadays, everything is digital and they can easily be forgotten. Do you guys print your photos, make photo books, etc? I have tons of picture folders on my computer and want to do something with them. I hate they their home is the computer and nowhere else. Photo albums seem to be a lost art.
Definitely have the prints made on the good ones!

WCB

WKR
I have all of mine backed up on two different drives...plus organized on my computer. I drive is in my camera bag the other goes in my safe.

I print a few here and here. Once we move (hopefully this summer) I am going to print at least one picture from every hunt or trip I have pictures from and frame and put them up in my gun/ammo room. I babble in photography and will print more of those off also and decorate the house with personally taken photographs and those from trips (hunting fishing).

j_volt

WKR
I have mine backed up on Amazon, but most are also on my phone. iPhone storage is so inexpensive today.

I really enjoy getting prints of pictures and prints are so cheap. I think Walgreens might actually start to pay you to print a 4x6 soon. I constantly am rotating hunting 4x6s through my magnetic frames in my office to remind everyone I only work to pay for hunting.

Northpark

WKR
I pick the best ones and do canvas prints from an online print service, Some big most small. Others are backed up in several external hard drives.