What do you guys think of using these instead of 550 cord?

cmeier117

WKR
Aron, Can you put those on my High camp when you assemble it? That is your main job now right? ;) My pack is still a few weeks out! I like the look of them, something different, and I can always make paracord ones if I want.

sk1

WKR
HAHA don't I wish but I doubt it :D....those do look cool for sure. Just wondering if anyone besides people with girly hands like myself could get their fingers in the loops :D

people actually take the time to locate a loop and put their finger(s) through it? i just grab the damn thing and pull, and that loop looks easier to grab than 550 cord hanging, although im neutral on this product because i just dont care either way......just didnt know the loop was important! i guess i could see maybe with big gloves on, but that loop still looks pretty easy to grab

I cut the metal pull off and tie cord right to the zipper.
No metal flopping around click'n and clank'n.

If those will work directly on the zipper w/o the pull, great..go for it.
If it helps reduce labor cost even better. But honestly...I'll probably just take them off and replace w/ cord.
I like longer loops and braid them together a bit so they can't come accidently unzipped & potentially loose gear.
Hunt'nFish

Last edited:
I think the loop is to make it easier to grab onto it, not to put your finger through the loop. It isn't big enough to work with gloves on for sure. To get the same functionality I would just use 550 cord and tie a monkeys fist or some other stopper knot on the end to make it easier to grab the 550 cord if you had gloves on. But that's just me.

im a NO! on these... mine showed up from MSM and i cant believe how tiny they are...
glad i only ordered 2. i threw them on the pit zip zippers and calling it lesson learned