What do you guys think of using these instead of 550 cord?

armyjoe

Super Moderator
itw-gt-zipline-alpha-002.jpg

We've already talked about these and I've got 50 coming the end of the week. Huge improvement! I think its definitely the way to go

Shrek

WKR
They look good but 550 is cheap and tough. As long as the zippers can still use 550 to replace those that break it would be cool. They certainly give a more refined finish look.

dotman

WKR
Interesting, are they soft or firm? Not really sure would have to feel one but looks cool.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Guess I'd have to see how big that finger hole is for the zipper pull. Having "cheap" zipper pulls break on me in the past and never had a 550 zip pull break on me I gotta say I like the 550 even if it isn't as "sexy" I know it'll last. Got any more pics of how big the hole is for your finger (especially with gloves)or the tinsel strength of these compared to 550? I mean as cheap as 550 is I could break these off and tie my own on, but I'd rather not have to.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've been using them for over a year and they're still going strong. They have a breaking point of 80lbs.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I'm sure they'd be fine for my midget digits :) Are they saving that much weight over 550?

Shrek

WKR
They may also be easier to use in production as you wouldn't need to melt the ends and they look easy to thread onto the zipper. Also less chance an employee would burn themselves with the hot cutter I assume you use to cut the 550.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yep, that is for sure! Easier in the assembly process and they don't hold water/stink.....and they look cool.
They may also be easier to use in production as you wouldn't need to melt the ends and they look easy to thread onto the zipper. Also less chance an employee would burn themselves with the hot cutter I assume you use to cut the 550.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
HAHA don't I wish but I doubt it :D....those do look cool for sure. Just wondering if anyone besides people with girly hands like myself could get their fingers in the loops :D