What do you think he scores? ( update )

OP
F
Scoring tape comes tomorrow. Looks smaller then the day I shot it. Do racks shrink!!? Haha
BF9F9093-8437-472F-8671-A0390ABC994F.jpeg

OP
F
so every thing i read on scoring a deer says something different as far as which mesaurents.

-each tine length
-each beam length

then these last two are confusing. for the diameter, how many diameter measurments should i have with a 4 point? from base to g1 , between g1 and g2 and between g2 and g3? thats only three. i read from g3 half way then measusre there?

also do i rack width at the widest part? some have that and some dont.

thanks

so every thing i read on scoring a deer says something different as far as which mesaurents.

-each tine length
-each beam length

then these last two are confusing. for the diameter, how many diameter measurments should i have with a 4 point? from base to g1 , between g1 and g2 and between g2 and g3? thats only three. i read from g3 half way then measusre there?

also do i rack width at the widest part? some have that and some dont.

thanks

Scoring is really simple, just seems like a lot of people screw it up. The outside spread measurement is only in there for identification, it's the inside spread that counts for score. Widest part of the inside spread that is perpendicular to the nose line of the skull.

Every deer gets 4 mass measurements. Doesn't matter if it's a spike. A 4x you get mass from the center point of the end of the beam and the g3.

To get a time length you can use your flexible tape along the top edge of the beam, put a pencil mark top of the tape to measure down the tine. I think a lot of people see the dashed line in the center of the beam that details how to measure the main beams and get confused. The tines you measure to the top of the beam.