What do you use for a Bino Harness?

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
I'm mainly a whitetail, bear and turkey hunter here in PA and MD and I am considering purchasing one of these newer type of bino harnesses that is basically a pouch for your binos. The reason I was considering one is because it could possibly lighten my load and allow me to carry a smaller pack or no pack at all in early season.

I wanted to get a feel to see if anyone else uses these for whitetail hunting. So let me know what you all use?

Thanks!

Jet-Tac

FNG
I use an AGC cub that I bought used off of here. I can carry my binos, rangefinder, and a kill kit just in the harness. It works great for me primarily whitetail hunting, short of carrying water and something to eat I could just take this in and have on many evening hunts where I know I won't be in very long. Now with that being said its the only harness I've used so I can't really compare it to any others. Hope that helps.

Trial153

WKR
I have yet to find one I am totally satisfied however a couple come close ...there are tons of threads on here about this subject
Like: Sitka, AGC kiss and Kodiak cub, Mystery ranch
Didn’t like, Kuiu, FHF, marsupial Gear

OP
T

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
I have yet to find one I am totally satisfied however a couple come close ...there are tons of threads on here about this subject
Like: Sitka, AGC kiss and Kodiak cub, Mystery ranch
Didn’t like, Kuiu, FHF, marsupial Gear

What didn't you like about the marsupial gear harness? I kind of was looking at that one since it flips forward.

TheCougar

WKR
If the FHF and AGC opened the RIGHT way (forward), then I would give them a shot! I just can't see how the flap stays out of the way for easy one handed operation. The KUIU and Marsupial open forward, which is a must for me. I know guys have said that the flap doesn't get in the way, but I have trouble believing that. In a day of hunting, I may take my binos in and out of that case a hundred times or more and that's a lot of time tucking the flap in our holding it while I get the binos in and out.

Trial153

WKR
What didn't you like about the marsupial gear harness? I kind of was looking at that one since it flips forward.
Agree flipping Forward is a plus, one reason I like the Sitka Harness the best.

The marsupial like the FHF had open sides, I don’t want to have worry about dust and debris getting in, and I have hunted places that that has been a real issue.

TheCougar

WKR
Complaints I have heard about the Marsupial - limited storage, no complete protection for the binos, large clunk sound with magnets if you aren't careful when you close the lid.

OP
T

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
So from what I am hearing so far, it isn't a dumb idea for a strictly east coast whitetail, bear and turkey hunter to purchase one?

jspradley

WKR
So from what I am hearing so far, it isn't a dumb idea for a strictly east coast whitetail, bear and turkey hunter to purchase one?

Not dumb in the least, in fact its very, very smart!

You'll wonder how you ever hunted without your binos handy once you have one.

As far as what I use, I have the Kuiu pouch and its OK... a little difficult to use one handed but it gets the job done.

I am looking to upgrade to the AGC pouch this year

Trial153

WKR
If all I am is hunting whitetails I use a simple Strap type Harness, the Sitka one ..the Rick Young Harness is great too. Your basically walking to your tree stand. What more do you need.
If I was spot and stalk hunting I would take one of my full Harness.

KHNC

WKR
KHNC, do you use one while whitetail hunting?

Yes, i use it for whitetail, elk, antelope and also while competing in train to hunt events. Very solid bino pouch. My FHF does not have open sides.

LostArra

WKR
Rick Young harness is all I need. Easily adjusts for different clothes. I cannot stand the Mae West-type chest packs for binos.

I am guilty of not baby-ing my binos.

I'll take a bino shield (waterproof fleece "shower cap") in my pack to use if it starts raining.

I had a few agc harnesses but just never liked the feeling of having all of that on my chest so switched to the Rick Young harness.

3366b16640ce894853aa5c58b60a8143.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have an AGC and love it. I cant remember what model it is, I got it used here in the classifieds. its one of the smaller models with the added pocket under the main compartment.

It hold my binos, rangefinder, tags, wind indicator, skeletonized knife, fire starter/lighter, pen, water tabs, and headlamp. It is really nice to have all of those things with me every time I go out. If I'm going for just a morning or afternoon hunt I will only take that. I tucked by binos inside my jackets for too many years and am happy to have this better solution.