What do you use for a Bino Harness?

Deanbow

FNG
Alaska guide creations cub max is a great option! I used it this year and love it ! I got it in first lite fusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austink47

WKR
I use the marsupial and love it. I primarily hunt out west now but have used it in the stand for white tail. All I carry in it is my binoculars, wind checker, lighter, lense cloth, and a few calls. If you go with marsupial check the size 10x42 razors fit great in the small. I had a AGC but it was to bulky for me, but I did love the extra stuff i could carry. Make sure you practice shooting your bow with one, especially down from a tree stand.

Flogger

FNG
So before I ended up buying an Exo Mountain pack to haul climbing stands with, I was sick and tired of hanging a backpack off the back of my climber. While walking long distances that system just sucked.
After I got tired of that method and before I got my Exo Packs, I was using an Eberlestock bino harness and filling it with gear instead of binos. I would put my binos on with the butler creek strap harness and then put the bino harness filled with gear over them. Then put my stand on my back. This system actually worked great. So essentially I was using my bino harness as a pack.

Now that I use the Exo, I rarely use my bino harness. I just throw my binos on with the butler creek harness. For stand hunting, using a full fledged bino harness just isn’t needed in my opinion.

manitou1

WKR
I use a bino harness for two reasons:
1: Ease of bino carry.
2: Protection of my expensive glass.
For me, the AGC Cub Max fit the bill. It closes completely and keeps moisture and dirt off my glass. I carry binos, tags, lens pen and cloth and wind meter in there. Grab and go!
On multiple occasions it has served as a rifle rest for both antelope and prairie dogs!

rkeaton

FNG
grabbed an AGC cub max, haven't had it out in the field yet. Very comfortable and easy to use.

I use the horn hunter and like the concept of the magnet attachment for rangefinder but it does not hold it very well. The magnet closure for the main bino compartment is also weak so I will be looking at some other options mentioned on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

280aiWyHunt

Lil-Rokslider
I use the marsupial with my razor 10x42s and a range finder pocket I like how the flip forward out of the way for quick and easy access

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

MIedge

FNG
I started out with the Vortex glass pack and it got the job done but I didn't like it overall. Moved on to the FHF Pro-M harness and I love it so far. Only part of the system that I think is crap is their leash. It flops around and makes too much noise, so I'll be looking to upgrade that this year. Aside from the leash, the FHF is a great system.

FHF.... Works great. I carry it no matter what I'm chasing. Easy one hand operation. Its comfortable. Has a spot for a wind checker and the slanted mouth reed pockets on the cover. Attach a lens fob and the range finder pocket and you're golden.

Charon

Lil-Rokslider
I believe the Velcro on bottom of the Kuiu harness is for a 6 round card-type ammo holder. They sell a separate rangefinder case that is made to attach to either side of the bino holder (or hip belt of a pack) as well as a lanyard for a rangefinder. There are instructions somewhere on their website (iirc on the rangefinder case product page) that shows how it clips to the bino harness. I saw all this earlier today b/c they are currently running a sale on many of these items whicj I was checking out.

FWIW I really like the bino harness b/c it’s simple, lightweight and I can get binos in/out with one hand without looking. When not hunting I can unclip the straps of the harness from the bino cover part and use the cover as a case of sorts when storing binos in my truck console (use my binos daily on the ranch). I have Swaro 10x42SLC’s and they fit perfectly in the Kuiu case. I haven’t used the rangefinder attachment b/c I read in the reviews that my old Leica rangefinder (the ones about the size of a ham sandwich) are a little too big to fit.

I basically have no use for a true binocular harness when hunting whitetails, especially from treestands. I like a nicely padded neck strap and some way to keep the glass out of the way when I must shoot. Gray Wolf Woolens Bino Saver works perfectly, is simpler and far less expensive than most harness systems.

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for the Rick Young Bino Harness. When whitetail stand hunting, I have a pair of lightweight 7x binos with the RY harness tucked in a front pocket of a Badlands waist pack. I put them on when I get to the stand, and I have a small piece of cord tied in a prusick knot that sits about at my right shoulder. I clip my rangefinder onto that so it’s right where I want it and can get to it easily. Doesn’t need a tether because the shock cord of the harness stretches enough to get it to my eye.

I never saw any need for a harness and couldn’t justify the price. However, I’ve learned that if I’m bushwhacking or even just wandering around in the woods, the eye cups tend to fill with sticks and dirt and crap. I bought a small camera bag from Goodwill that I jerry rigged into a harness to see if I like it. The verdict is still out.

Except for the protection issue, the RY harness is the simplest, handiest thing in the world. It changed my game. If I had started with a proper bino harness, I may have grown to like them, but they seem so clunky and fussy in comparison to me.