What do you use for a Bino Harness?

Currently using AGC Cub MAX. The only thing I don't like is that it has the older buckles and one of the shoulder straps keeps coming out. They have a buckle kit for sale for $15 plus shipping that uses autolocks for the webbing but I can't bring myself to buy. If you buy one new it's a non-issue as they went to better buckles.

Had a MuleyFreak harness and while I liked the harness and minimal design, it was a huge pain to get the binos in and out one-handed. Would not recommend.

Still have the Vortex Glasspak. It's ok, but not super quiet. If temp is below freezing, there's some sort of material that crinkles like a Sun Chips bag, crazy loud. Ok for warm weather, but would not recommend in general.

I bought a Kuiu harness with a range finder pouch for a trip out west and have used it for all of my deer hunting home in Alabama. I drop the binos for turkey season and rig the range finder pouch up on my turkey vest and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTSabo

WKR
I have a mystery ranch. I like everything about it but the loud magnetic snap closure.

FHF Gear and Hill people chest pack. The Hill People is great if your moving into the backcountry with minimal stuff and need the extra room.

Dazzler

WKR
Currently vortex strap harness.

anyone have anything to say about the Alps bino harness x?

I use a Rick young and really like it.
26b20ecf72f287cb4e635c979861f436.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prm

WKR
I’ve owned FHF, AGC, Marsupial and Rick Young for use with my compact binos. The Marsupial is my favorite. More compact and form fitting and the way it stays open is great. Though, I don’t think it’s perfect. I’d prefer no magnets, the front pocket is too tight to really be of much use and it does not provide full coverage. I’d like to see a compact version that has an inch shorter bino pouch and a rangefinder pocket on the bottom.

The AGC KISS would be nice if the lower Max pocket had a touch larger opening to fit a rangefinder. I’d also like it a little thinner. Or, perhaps just a smaller size especially towards the top. Feels very bulky to me, and that’s without the addition front pocket.

Last edited:
550 cord harness with a couple of split rings. Cost me almost nothing, wraps neatly around the bins when I put them in their case and weighs almost nothing. Carries the weight well and I also have the option of hanging the bins over my shoulder and under one arm "bandolier" style, which is helpful at times. Learned this from an old biologist years ago and it's still the best solution I've found.