What do you use for a Bino Harness?

ChrisAU

WKR
After using an AGC for a couple years I got a Marsupial last week, the lid design is a game changer for stand hunting whitetails. Just open it when you get in the stand, and then you don't have to worry about the lid/flap at all while hunting. In and out, so easy. Found myself getting aggravated with my AGC in that regard. Will keep the AGC for western hunting as it is a bit lighter, more storage, no magnet issues, and better coverage and binos will be removed for long periods of time to be glass. But for constant in and out use, the Marsupial beats the crap out of the AGC.

N2TRKYS

WKR
After using an AGC for a couple years I got a Marsupial last week, the lid design is a game changer for stand hunting whitetails. Just open it when you get in the stand, and then you don't have to worry about the lid/flap at all while hunting. In and out, so easy. Found myself getting aggravated with my AGC in that regard. Will keep the AGC for western hunting as it is a bit lighter, more storage, no magnet issues, and better coverage and binos will be removed for long periods of time to be glass. But for constant in and out use, the Marsupial beats the crap out of the AGC.

I didn’t like the bulkiness of the AGC and returned mine. I prefer the slim design of the FHF gear harness. However, I can’t stand any of them for treestand or turkey hunting. I much prefer hanging mine while treestand hunting and in my left inside pocket of my turkey vest while turkey hunting.

Carlin59

WKR
I have an AGC on whenever I’m hunting, regardless of species. No issues with it tree stand hunting whitetails. Also no issues using it one handed (Bino in/Bino out) with a release on.

FHF Medium. I love it.

I almost went with an AGC hybrid max for the storage, but think it would have been too bulky.

WVBowman

FNG
It depends. I have an Alaskan Guide Creations harness for when I am going to be in the really thick stuff to protect my binos. Other times I prefer a simple harness. I have a Crooked Horn and a Swarovski.

So from what I am hearing so far, it isn't a dumb idea for a strictly east coast whitetail, bear and turkey hunter to purchase one?

Hell NO! I originally bought mine for yearly western hunts, but have found that it also works extremely well on my NE deer hunts the last few years. I now use it instead of my day pack, a fanny pack or loading all the pockets in my vest, coat and pants. I have a Kodiak Cub M.A.X for my 10X40's. I leave the range finder home when hunting the NY woods and put my kill kit and headlamp in the front pocket. The lower M.A.X pocket holds a scope cover, jerky and a candy bar. The side pockets hold chapstick, floss frames (for the jerky), a small roll of velcro and zip ties and milkweed seeds for wind detection. The rear mesh pocket holds my tags and pen. And there's still room for more stuff.

I'm a stillhunter, not a tree stand sitter and this system works out great for me. If you're a tree stand sitter, I would think it will work there as well.

BTW, I don't find the rearward opening to be an issue at all.

EDIT Once again, I complete writng a tome, only to then realize the thread is two years old. Happens all the time.

Last edited:

HuntNTag

WKR
I’d also recommend the Alaska guide creations option. You can use it ask over the country and it gives you lots of versatility as mentioned above.

Take a look at their website and see ask the different ones that could suit your hunting needs. I personally use the classic and can put an 8,10, or 12 size bino in there.

gdpolk

Lil-Rokslider
Rick Young Outdoors ended my bino harness years ago. Sure the glass gets rained on at times but that's why I own waterproof glass to begin with before I ever enter the field. The size, weight, durability, comfort, quality, and ergonomics simply cannot be beat.

Headhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Alaska Guide Creations Max
Binos, wind checker, rangefinder, face paint, headlamp w/extra batteries, licenses etc.

Bought a Kuiu four years ago....... large size...... keeps the Vortex HD's handy....... haven't had any issues with it..... easy to use and sturdy........ as you can see - there are a lot of options!! Good Luck and stay healthy!!

LostArra

WKR
Rick Young Outdoors ended my bino harness years ago. Sure the glass gets rained on at times but that's why I own waterproof glass to begin with before I ever enter the field. The size, weight, durability, comfort, quality, and ergonomics simply cannot be beat.

Rick Young fan here too.
Crooked Horn used to make a Bino Shield that was basically a water resistant fleece "shower cap" that would easily stretch over your entire binocular. Works great for those real rainy days. The cap would be easy to make but 99% of the time I don't worry about a little exposure to elements.

I've tried some of the chest pack bino rigs and sold them all. I can't help feeling like I'm wearing a Mae West life preserver and I don't need pockets on my chest when I have them on my pants and pack belt.

gdpolk

Lil-Rokslider
I might
Rick Young fan here too.
Crooked Horn used to make a Bino Shield that was basically a water resistant fleece "shower cap" that would easily stretch over your entire binocular. Works great for those real rainy days. The cap would be easy to make but 99% of the time I don't worry about a little exposure to elements.

I've tried some of the chest pack bino rigs and sold them all. I can't help feeling like I'm wearing a Mae West life preserver and I don't need pockets on my chest when I have them on my pants and pack belt.
That sounds like a great idea. As a matter of fact I planned to have my wife make me something similar for a fletching cover soon. I just may have her double my order.

Briant_az

FNG
+1 for the Kuiu bino harness. I've had one for probably 5 years now. Got the new Pro last year. The Pro is a little larger is size, and depth from your chest, but works great.