What do you use? Range finder

I have a Vortex Ranger 1000 but have had some challenges. Often can't range above 350...sometimes takes 2-3 attempts to get it to range even at 250. Thinking about trying something else. I bought this used a few years ago...so I'm not sure if this is "normal" or not.

I have a Vortex Ranger 1000 but have had some challenges. Often can't range above 350...sometimes takes 2-3 attempts to get it to range even at 250. Thinking about trying something else. I bought this used a few years ago...so I'm not sure if this is "normal" or not.

I had the same thing and the button was really hard to push properly. One thing to check is if the glass on the laser is cleaned properly. If you don’t love it send it in and see if they can do something. I did and got a nice upgrade :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Leica 2400R
Sig Kilo 1200

Love the Leica but I am color blind and cant see the red screen that well. I primarily use the 1200 because its black.

nphunter

WKR
Vortex 4000, works great, I did have the eye cup come off taking it in and out of the pouch, I'm going to have to send it in to have it replaced but it works flawlessly. I have had several range finders die over the years and as far as I know, Vortex is the only one that offers a lifetime warranty on the electronics which is what typically fails in a rangefinder.

My last three did give me several years of service but IMO if you're spending $350+ dollars on a range finder it should last more than a few years. My last two I still have, the Nikon Archers Choice Max and the Bushnell ARC 1200, both started having electronic problems but work still and my kids pack them. Every now and then the Bushnell freezes up and won't range at all and the Nikon goes through batteries too fast.

I'm really hoping the Vortex will be the last range finder I ever have to buy, Most companies like SIG, Zeiss, Leica only offer a limited 3-5yr warranty and with having electronic issues with my past range finders I didn't want to go that route again.