What First Lite piece of clothing?

IdahoHntr

WKR
I won a $100 gift card to First Lite, so I’m going to be buying something from them. Don’t currently have any of their gear and I’m trying to decide what is one solid piece from them to spend it on.

So what’s your favorite piece of first lite gear? If you could only own one piece of clothing from them, what would it be?

Randall

FNG
Furnace Long John. I like their Wick tops and bottoms too, but they dont hold up for very long.

My Furnaces (top and bottom) also show more wear than they should for the amount of use they've seen. Id give all pieces an "A" in function, but a "D" in durability.

OP
IdahoHntr

IdahoHntr

WKR
Get a Klamath in solid color & you could wear it almost every day when it's cool. You'd get your money's worth for sure
I basically only buy solid colors anymore for everything. Stuff costs too much not to get year round use out of it. Thanks for the input.

OP
IdahoHntr

IdahoHntr

WKR
Thanks for all the info guys. Seems like the merino hoody’s tend to be a favorite. I already have the blackovis merino hoody in both light and heavyweight, so i have just been debating whether I need another one. I do love the hoody’s though, so I’m not totally opposed to just seeing how first Lites version compares to what I already have.

Almost no votes for any of First Lites actual pants? No good experiences there? Or are they just not as nice as the base layers? I’ve read some worrying durability reviews on their pants so maybe they just aren’t worth the money?

Thanks for all the info guys. Seems like the merino hoody’s tend to be a favorite. I already have the blackovis merino hoody in both light and heavyweight, so i have just been debating whether I need another one. I do love the hoody’s though, so I’m not totally opposed to just seeing how first Lites version compares to what I already have.

Almost no votes for any of First Lites actual pants? No good experiences there? Or are they just not as nice as the base layers? I’ve read some worrying durability reviews on their pants so maybe they just aren’t worth the money?

Oh no, the pants are great(minus the Obsidians)

Ive got a pair of Corrugate Guide Pants that are four years old and still going.

Plus the New Foundry Corrugate Pants and super nice. Ive been very happy with them.

For longer stationary sits, another vouch for the furnace. I also really like the merino brimmed beanie.

sndmn11

WKR

My corrugates (plain?) are worn daily and I have gotten at least twice as many days as I expected. They are still going strong.

The corrugate foundry pants are somehow a big step up for a dedicated mountain stalk hunting pant.

I wear my sawtooth jacket daily in winter, my corrugate jacket gets similar use in the spring and fall. With you already having some merino layers, your be off to a great start with foundry pants and a sawtooth/corrugate jacket depending on use.

I have had a furnace quarter zip top since they came out and it is basically like a fluffy sweatshirt. I wear it as an outer a lot hunting and running. I wear the bottoms fly fishing a lot. The kiln baselayers I use for similar purposes but in the spring/fall.

I think decent merino can be had from many sources, I think you'd be silly to no buy some foundry pants for less than $100 of your own money.

The pants are fine in terms of durability. I have the Obsidian Merino pants and they are great but they are heavy and can get a bit warm even when when it's not that hot out. The Uncompahgre puffy jacket has been a favorite of mine, super light, stores into it's own pocket and keeps you warm. The Chama hoody is a geat but the issue I have with their Merino stuff is that is doen't hold up well when going through thick brush and timber. I've put holes through both my long sleev and short sleeve merino shirts, and the chama hoody. It's snags on everything.