What gaiters do you run?

MTJake

Lil-Rokslider
How loud are the OR crocs? I only Bowhunt so sounds comes in to pay a bit more.
I bow hunt with mine. Full disclosure - I have only been bow hunting for one season and may not be the best judge as I am still working on my first archery harvest, but last season they were not the reason I did not connect.

wapitibob

WKR
The btm cordura part is fairly stiff and noisy, the upper is not too bad (thin nylon/gore laminate) but going thru huckleberry or something they will make some noise. The only gator I've seen that is quiet is a pair my wife has that are some brushed mtl that collect every burr within 10 feet.

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
I just switched to Kenetrek from OR. They just fit my chicken legs better. They’re a little bit lighter and I haven’t had them in anything too rough yet so I can’t speak on their durability. I had the ORs for about 11 or 12 years.

npm352

WKR
OR Crocadiles are by far my favorite. I have tried Sitka and Kuiu, among a few others. Sitka are horrendous and Kuiu are just ok and do not seal in snow for me. I lion hunt and walk a lot in snow looking for cat tracks, so gaiters are one of my most important pieces of equipment.

Gaiters are gear. I learned the hard way to buy gear from gear companies and clothing from clothing companies. Sitka and Kuiu are good clothing companies but if they sold their gear like gaiters and backpacks under a non-trendy brand name, nobody would buy any of it.

FlyGuy

WKR
I switched from Sitka to OR and kenetrek. I like them both. Was going to return the pair I didn’t like but ended up keeping them both. No complaints on either.

You can’t cheat the mountain

I am in the market for some gaiters. I live in western wa and it rains excessively . Iam looking for some for elk hunting near the coast. I have looked at Sitka Thunderhead and Kenetrek gaiters. What do you recommend ?
The kuiu Yukon’s are great, got a good 3 years out of mine.
Got the kutana storm shell gaiters now, and I so far really like them

nrh6.7

WKR
Just got a pair of FL Bramblers delivered today as a matter of fact. Financed those suckas at 0%!

j/k about the financing... :cool:

ETA: selling a brand new pair of OR Crocs in Brown large if'n you are interested. Only tried on for a minute.