What gaiters does everyone prefer to use?

I forget the model but I’ve been running a tall pair from OR long enough that the brush has started to remove the “OR” logo stitching aside from that a little dirt and some thread pulls they’re still going strong

Pagashaw

FNG
I have the OR crocs and the kenetrek. OR are my favorite and use them daily for work and hunting. They are at least 6 years old and still going strong

1000yrds

FNG
I get lots of debris (sand/rocks, etc) in my shoes in FL, and gaiters keep out almost all of it. Usually wear 'em in other parts of th country, too – perhaps out of habit.
I really like them, but I cannot say that you can't live without them!

Got a pair of Outdoor Vision to try out. The mediums fit my 11.5 size boots just fine. Should be great for early season stuff. Very quiet and a solid design. I’m curious to see how they do later in the season.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After running them for a few weekends I’m on the fence. Well made but I’d rather the zippers zipped top to bottom instead of bottom to top. They also need some elastic incorporated into the above calf closer. A static closure like they have (nylon strap with clamp) is tough to get perfect so it doesn’t sag and doesn’t ride too tight.

I’ll be returning or selling I think. Going back with the FirstLite Brambler or OR.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t want to hichjack the thread but have a question after reading everyone’s responses, because I have the same question sort of..
Heading to Africa in May. Gaiters are highly recomended, I have it narrowed down to the Kenetrek camo or kuiu scree. Is there one that is quieter than the other as we will be bowhunting?
I wore canvas gaiters by Boyt in Africa and they worked great for there.

jpcolt

FNG
I have OR Expedition Gaiters hunting and snow showing fit well no issues with water

Kenetreks. Used them in combo with snowshoes during Colorado's 3rd season rifle with a foot and a half of snow underfoot. Kept my pants and boot tops dry. Very satisfied.

Like many here have already stated the OR Crocodile are bombproof. I’ve had mine 3 years with heavy usage in rain, snow, rocks, and brush and they hardly show any wear.

jkdrgn

Lil-Rokslider
I was very happy with my Outdoor Vision gaiters on a snowy elk hunt this year. I have very little experience with gaiters, but I recognize good gear when I use it. I'm a believer now, they'll be getting much more use in the future.