What game bags are you using?

HankNM

Lil-Rokslider
I used Alaskan bags for many years ,until the rodents got in & chewed them up.
4 yrs ago I was gifted a bull by Corey Jacobsen for helping out on a hunt that came with Caribou bags. I asked about the bags & Randy Newberg chimed in that they were the way to go and the set was mine.

I have 2 sets now ,one brand new.

JNDEER

WKR
Brother used ovis bags- no issues.

I have lately been partial to kuiu bone out bags with the handle. Everything from a deer, pig to elk have been in mine with no issues and great meat separation.
B691F3E9-6E35-4F1E-A3EE-A0F95A863D0B.jpeg

pirogue

WKR
Another vote for TAG. Think mine are just the quarter type, but they’ve been used, washed, and always ready to go again.

MBS

FNG
After doing my research I decided to go with the Viam bags. The hunter set. Hoping to bring some more feedback on them late September.

JNDEER

WKR
caribou or Kuiu......I'm leaning toward picking up more kuiu

Kuiu bags are fairly large. The “deer” bag I can usually fit a whole quartered blacktail deer in it- lol.

if you de bone the meat bags with handles are awesome!

RO1459

FNG
You can spend a lot of money or you can do what we have done for the past 40 years. Go to Walmart and purchase the cheapest four king sized pillow cases we can find. Fill them up, carry the meat to the processor and tell them to throw the bags away. They work great. Good luck

I have viam, black ovis, kuiu and caribou bags, the caribou are my favorite by a fair margin.

they are the right combo of weight and durability, and clean up really well

Anybody ever used Viam Outdoors? Small company, bags look pretty good and light. I like using the little men when I can
Yes, I have 2 sets of their ultralight elk bags. I mainly use them for deer, because they are too small for roosies... overall good bags, but they aren’t as tough as some other bags.

if I was counting ounces, they are a good option. I have some other stuff from viam as well, everything has been really good quality

Brk007

FNG
Caribou Carnivore game bags have been great - 3 boned elk packed so far and the bags show no wear and tear.

Attachments

• 9CD1E3D2-FEE6-4190-AE6A-97A70875AF9A.jpeg
    9CD1E3D2-FEE6-4190-AE6A-97A70875AF9A.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 22

TomJoad

WKR
Remaking my game bags this year. Fortunate to be in the production bag business so secured some 10d nylon ripstop, undyed and uncoated. I’ve been using linen for past hunts so this will be a big weight and space saver. I’ll try to hop back into this thread once I have weights.