What gear are you replacing in 2021?

CTXhunter

Last year was my first western hunt. Completely DIY and my gear showed it. I probably carried 65lbs into the mountains despite my weight conscious efforts. I got an exo this year, swapped my puffy to the SG Grumman, swapped to the Grakksaw game bags, picked up a much lighter rifle, among a few other things. I also grabbed a SO LBO and a stove. I froze my butt off for too many nights!! Lol I have very much enjoyed the gear part of all of this and I’m looking forward to a time when I just buy a tag and a lot less gear, but as a beginner, it seems like it’s more gear than tags.

John pettimore

Sleeping pad - Exped synmat
Stove - BRS and Sterno pot
Rifle- McMillan stock, Leupold scope, brake, and trigger on my old Weatherby.

HNTR918

Vortex SSP Tripod ---> Sirui VA-5 & Slik Pro CF 634

Crispi Thor II size 10 ---> Crispi Thor II size 10.5

+SO Talon in Spectra

+SO Revolution Hipbelt Pocket in Spectra

Drenalin

Replaced my cheap Cascade Mtn aluminum trekking poles with cheap Cascade Mtn carbon fiber poles.

Replace Vortex High Country tripod with Vortex Summit SS-P, now waiting on BlackOvis Treeline CF tripod and RRS ball head to show up to replace the SS-P.

Replaced inflatable sleeping pads with self-inflating...we'll see.

Replaced BRS stove and Toaks pot with Jetboil, then went back to the BRS.

Replaced Vortex Dimaondback HDs with Leupold BX-4s.

Replaced Tyto with Benchmade Mini Bugout.

Going to try out a BTR stool in place of the Thermarest Z-Seat.

StuckoYota99

Replaced my random tripod that I found at a garage sale with a used vortex summit Tripod. Why- the Tripod is won't hold the spotter up and I broke the mounting plate. Also upgraded my bushnell spotter to a Hawke, shout out to doug. Why- the bushnell was not sharp and is dark in low light. Saving up to upgrade my binos from 12x50 diamondbacks.

jlh42581

Trying different ammo in paps gun, its a first year savage 110 .270. Thanks to a member here for helping even find ammo. I loved the gun for its sentimental value but i realized last year just how nice it really is in the action, the length of pull, the old man had it DIALED. Only had to replace the leupold after my uncle owned it for awhile.

I sold my 30.06 for a 45 colt rossi 92. I havent worked that in yet either but I wanted something extremely light and small as most of my shots are treestand distances here in the east. Going with the buckhorn open sights, no scope.

Sold all but 2 pieces of my sitka. Felt like I was glowing in the woods. Moved to mostly all solids. Bought the leafy from FL in a large and had to send it back for an XL.

Traded out my rock climbing harness to go back to a HSS. We will see how that goes. I think they all suck but im not willing to die.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
JakeMN