What gear are you replacing in 2021?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh heck- I lied :)

I'm currently breaking in a pair of Crispi Thor's that will replace my La Sportiva TRK's- so far so good!

OP
Cole

Cole

Lil-Rokslider
Replaced my Arctic Oven 10 Extreme with a AO 12 w/vestibule. Can't wait to use it this fall on Kodiak!
I’m going to have to try one of those tents out at some point. They look legit.

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
Adding a Hilleberg Anjan 2 GT to the tent collection since the girlfriend has decided to come along hunting this year. Looking like I'm going to have to spring for some new boots as well for this season.

Fatcamp

WKR
Not much.

Changed my bow mid-season last year and very happy with it.

Just bought 15x Meopta. Not getting rid of the Vanguard spotter, just do not like looking through one eye.

A big change is organizing our stuff to start spending nights away from the truck. We have everything, just need to dial it in. We have one area in particular we cannot get into and out of in a day. Excited to see what it holds.

OP
Cole

Cole

Lil-Rokslider
Dude that sucks. Was it set up and some took it out of the woods?
Thanks. I had a bunch of gear stolen when I was driving home from a late season cow elk hunt in Oregon. At least they didn’t take my cooler full of meat. I’ve never had a problem with other hunters stealing stuff, it’s everyone else you have to worry about.

Replaced my Arctic Oven 10 Extreme with a AO 12 w/vestibule. Can't wait to use it this fall on Kodiak!
That a bomb of a upgrade.

new boots. My lowa Tibet’s are worn out

new glass. Vortex in the trash or back for warranty claims, scope and binos

New rifle. Selling a few that don’t get used

new pad- winter and fall fancy one

replace some worn hunting cloths

That’s a expensive start.

Do you use a stove in your current AO?
I have a wood burner, but I've gotten to the point that I usually only take a propane heater. It's just so nice to reach over and turn it on in the mornings, without getting out of bed, plus it's a lot less hassle and much cleaner than dealing with wood.

OP
Cole

Cole

Lil-Rokslider
I have a wood burner, but I've gotten to the point that I usually only take a propane heater. It's just so nice to reach over and turn it on in the mornings, without getting out of bed, plus it's a lot less hassle and much cleaner than dealing with wood.
Thanks for the intel!

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
Been packing in a SO 6 man w stove but thinking about a small two man for this year as we will move camp around more to hunt different areas. Hard decision because that stove comes in handy.

We have also talked about going in and buying a wall tent and just hike in from base camp each day and live a little more comfortable.

I'm replacing my Kuiu Pro bino harness with a Marsupial fully enclosed for my 10x42's, fit is much better. Also adding a pair of 15x56 binos and an Exo 1800 bag that I can use with my frame for day hunts.

Fatcamp

WKR
I'm replacing my Kuiu Pro bino harness with a Marsupial fully enclosed for my 10x42's, fit is much better. Also adding a pair of 15x56 binos and an Exo 1800 bag that I can use with my frame for day hunts.

Oh, ya. I switched from a first run FHF to Marsupial.