What gear are you replacing in 2021?

A new lightweight tripod that i can use standing up. my Lowa Tibets will be replaced with a new pair this year. Swaro 15 to replace my Fujinon 16x70 binos. Couple of new rifle builds in work too.

Might replace my OG Kuiu Bino Harness and Attacks, interested in SG's offerings for both.

Attacks are nice, but I'm not a fan of the pockets and I have terrible luck with zippers across all my Kuiu products. Maybe the new SG De Havilland Lite, but I want something quiet.

Mosby

WKR
I just ordered a couple of new flashlights yesterday. A new Nitecore 1000 lumen light to keep in my truck and an inexpensive light for my basecamp tent for trips to the bath room, water etc., I wil also be getting a Fenix edc light that weighs less than 2 oz with a 90 degree head and magnetic base with both white and red lights to keep in my pocket when hunting. Like my new Nitecore headlamp, all of these lights are rechargeable and can use cr123a batteries. They all also use the exact same charging cord. I am no longer taking any lights hunting or in my truck that use AA or AAA batteries. Rechargeable lights, a single cord type and not having to pack three different size batteries for different flashlights and headlamps will be an improvement for me.

Last edited:

Ram94

WKR
Sold my Kifaru Tut with stove and picked up a Hilleberg Nallo 3GT to try out. Looks like it will be pretty darn comfortable.

Replacing my boots. I’ve run the Lowa Rengades for years, I like a light met boot. Sprained my ankle bad during elk season going to something with more support.

Time for a new shelter, the shelter itself was great. But it’s too big for one, and apparently my snoring bugged my partner this year.

sbooher3

FNG
What gear are you guys replacing in 2021 and why? Here’s my list:

1.Kuiu Mountain Star. Great tent but someone stole mine. I’m thinking about getting a SO with stove.

2.) Meopta Meostar S2 82mm Spotter. It’s been a great spotter for me but it’s time to upgrade to the Swaro ATX.

3.) Manfrotto 128RC Fluid Head. Great head but it’s heavy.

4.) Black Diamond Storm Headlamp. It failed me on a pack out, not sure if the headlamp was to blame or the cold. It was about zero degrees. I just stated testing the Fenix HL60R.
Cheap China down sleeping bag. Whats a good zero down bag for stock guy?

Tanner W

Lil-Rokslider
I just upgraded my kifaru bikini frame to the new duplex lite. I also picked up a sig bdx 1800 range finder to replace my old vortex ranger 1000. Id like to upgrade glass, maybe sell my viper 15s, 10s and Athlon spotter to upgrade to swaro 15s (well see about that though)

Fatcamp

WKR
Well, looks like we are replacing our boat. Found a deal too good to pass up. Wider, longer, better storage. I've been scouting some areas along the river but have been scared of it with my boat. This should open up some new possibilities.

Always wanted a Lund Alaskan.

OP
Cole

Cole

Lil-Rokslider
Cheap China down sleeping bag. Whats a good zero down bag for stock guy?
Personally I like Nemo and Big Agnes bags. There lots of other good brands out there. If you live near REI or a store like that you should go try some different bags.

0311dmd

FNG
Last year I helped pack out 2 bulls using a cabelas minimalist frame pack and my body did not enjoy it. This year I’m switching to the Exo K3 4800. I also will be putting my rifle in the closet and giving my hand at archery with my new Bowtech. Ill be ordering a new bow sight (black gold ascent mountain lite) soon and a tight spot quiver to go along with it. I have a pretty solid First Lite system that I’ll be complimenting with more layers for early season.
Just wanted to update that I purchased my EXO 4800 this morning. It should be here Saturday so I’ll do a write up and comparison of the Exo vs my $280 Cabelas Minimalist Frame Pack. This will be good 😂

Fatcamp

WKR
Just wanted to update that I purchased my EXO 4800 this morning. It should be here Saturday so I’ll do a write up and comparison of the Exo vs my $280 Cabelas Minimalist Frame Pack. This will be good 😂

I've gotten by pretty well with my Minimalist. My wife bought it on sale for $180 and didn't like it so it became mine. Chopped off everything unnecessary including 6" of frame to get it to about 5 lbs. Carried a lot of game and done a lot of miles with that thing. Could do worse, but I lust over the SG when we pass them at Scheels.

We went and took a better look at the boat today. Needed the VIN to find out if it has been titled. Not titled but the registration has been kept up for the 7 years it has been sitting. Thing is like new. Full of crap so I can't evaluate the floor, fingers crossed it's good.

1990 Lund Alaskan WS 16 with a similar year 25HP Mercury. Would prefer a bigger engine but I'm familiar with that one as I currently use a 2005 Mercury 25HP. Boat is like new. Want it home and titled in my name. Should happen tomorrow if all goes well.

0311dmd

FNG
I've gotten by pretty well with my Minimalist. My wife bought it on sale for $180 and didn't like it so it became mine. Chopped off everything unnecessary including 6" of frame to get it to about 5 lbs. Carried a lot of game and done a lot of miles with that thing. Could do worse, but I lust over the SG when we pass them at Scheels.

We went and took a better look at the boat today. Needed the VIN to find out if it has been titled. Not titled but the registration has been kept up for the 7 years it has been sitting. Thing is like new. Full of crap so I can't evaluate the floor, fingers crossed it's good.

1990 Lund Alaskan WS 16 with a similar year 25HP Mercury. Would prefer a bigger engine but I'm familiar with that one as I currently use a 2005 Mercury 25HP. Boat is like new. Want it home and titled in my name. Should happen tomorrow if all goes well.
My brother has a MR Beartooth and that compared to the minimalist was night and day last year when I tried it on.
I’m glad it works for you 👍🏼

Fatcamp

WKR
My brother has a MR Beartooth and that compared to the minimalist was night and day last year when I tried it on.
I’m glad it works for you 👍🏼

Ya, my wife has a Pintler that's way better. I always intend to upgrade, but I have to be responsible too. New Meopta 15's and a boat have me at about my limit. My wife is tolerant, but well, you know. 😁

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Considering replacing the jetboil. Started a thread about the MSR alternative. We will see
I don’t see the thread but I just replaced my jetboil with a msr reactor. I just did 12 days in AZ using it 2-3 times a day and really liking it. Seems like it boils faster, everything packs in and really locks down with the lid, it’s not coming off in your pack, and wind seems to affect it very little, if at all. The interchangeable size pots are pretty cool as well.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Other than a few new dry bags for float hunting, I’m hoping to spend most of my money to do more hunting this year.

I’ve replaced a few small things, I got a couple of zebra headlamps and a Barney’s frame there isn’t a whole lot I really need at this point though.

New scope rings to bump my scope up a notch and allow me scoot it forward just a bit. I missed a quick shot opportunity on a layup of a shot due to me getting lazy in the off-season and leaving myself with bad eye relief.

Zdub02

WKR
Replacing my climber with a saddle or lightweight lock on for whitetails. Need to upgrade my sleeping bag to something warmer.