What gear are you replacing in 2021?

Mosby

WKR
Just ordered a new headlamp. It is a Nitecore rechargeable and I can use CR123 batteries as back up.

0311dmd

FNG
Last year I helped pack out 2 bulls using a cabelas minimalist frame pack and my body did not enjoy it. This year I’m switching to the Exo K3 4800. I also will be putting my rifle in the closet and giving my hand at archery with my new Bowtech. Ill be ordering a new bow sight (black gold ascent mountain lite) soon and a tight spot quiver to go along with it. I have a pretty solid First Lite system that I’ll be complimenting with more layers for early season.

Rob5589

WKR
New bow but it wasn't really needed. Just wanted something new. Would like to try an external reed elk call and tube. Rest is pretty dialed for now.

1) Whatever I may need (but do not have) for a mountain goat hunt on Kodiak (assuming I get drawn).
2) Take a one-on-one shooting class (multiple sessions) to continue to improve my overall shooting skills.
3) Potentially add the BTX to my optics arsenal. Do not need it but it is getting more tempting by the day.

22lr

WKR
The big 2 for me this year.

New boots: upgrading from my UA Bozeman to something taller and stiffer. Will keep the UA's for flat ground but I need better for climbing...

New bag: current one is a 30 degree Kelty, it works but I want to go down to a 0 degree and ditch my fleece liner.

A few smaller things:
Crocs for water crossing and camp shoes instead of my river shoes (soles are too thin to be useful).
Hydration pouch for my Nalgene.

Gworster

Lil-Rokslider
What gear are you guys replacing in 2021 and why? Here’s my list:

1.Kuiu Mountain Star. Great tent but someone stole mine. I’m thinking about getting a SO with stove.

2.) Meopta Meostar S2 82mm Spotter. It’s been a great spotter for me but it’s time to upgrade to the Swaro ATX.

3.) Manfrotto 128RC Fluid Head. Great head but it’s heavy.

4.) Black Diamond Storm Headlamp. It failed me on a pack out, not sure if the headlamp was to blame or the cold. It was about zero degrees. I just stated testing the Fenix HL60R.
Replacing my 10 year old bow sight. My tent and entire pack set up

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
Adding a pair of stiffer, synthetic boots for mountain hunts to supplement my Kennetrek MEs. Love my Kifaru doobie but looking at a WM bag for the same hunts. That’s about it.

Wassid82

WKR
So over the years I have evolved in my pack rotation......I believe each pack has its pros and cons....the packs I have used for at least 2-3 years with each one are: eberlestock, badlands, kuiu, tenzing, Mystery Ranch. I really liked the kuiu pack when it was just hunting time but hauling was not great so I moved on to another pack several years ago....then moved on again 2 years ago to the beartooth. I though it would be a perfect all around bag. It shined when I had 80+ lbs in it. But it was bulky and loud and didnt' compress down very well which made it awkward when hunting with uneven pack loads from gear. The other thing was it was really heavy compared to other packs on the market. Last year my friend had the new Kuiu pack which was a couple of generations newer than the one I had owned previously. We needed to pack out a 6x6 bull about 4 and 2k elevation. we had 3 guys so the pack wasn't too bad but we decided to try each other's packs and honestly that was the best one. We had kifaru, kuiu, and mystery ranch. The Kuiu sits at about 4.5 lbs and the beartooth was almost 6.5-7. We typically hike 7-10 miles in a day and vary from 1k-3k elevation......just looking for good packing capability and reduced weight....my knees are getting old.

slick

WKR
Shotgun- got stolen. Lightweight semi auto route.
Bino harness- also stolen. Likely going enclosed marsupial
Tent- Seek outside Cimarron w/ lite outdoors stove
Puffy- Stone Glacier
Pants- Kuiu kutana stretch woven
Scope- Nightforce SHV for a 300win mag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cody111

FNG
I dont think you would go wrong with either but my vote is edged to the Kuiu pack
Thanks for the information! They both do seem like good packs, but it’s hard to ignore the 2.5 lbs weight savings. Do you think the durability of the pack is compromised a bit with the lighter weight material?

Wassid82

WKR
Thanks for the information! They both do seem like good packs, but it’s hard to ignore the 2.5 lbs weight savings. Do you think the durability of the pack is compromised a bit with the lighter weight material?
That is a really good question. It sounds like Kuiu has continued to improve material durability........but that might just be a marketing ploy.......I guess time will tell.......My hope is that the durability is equitable.

Won't be going west without my new Yamaha Grizzly ever again.
Pretty big upgrade for me since I've never owned an ATV. It will be a significant upgrade by using an ATV to access those same areas that I used 2 beat up my truck getting to. I can also now do a truck+spike camp since carrying camp up will be so much easier now

snel6424

FNG
Shotgun- got stolen. Lightweight semi auto route.
Bino harness- also stolen. Likely going enclosed marsupial
Tent- Seek outside Cimarron w/ lite outdoors stove
Puffy- Stone Glacier
Pants- Kuiu kutana stretch woven
Scope- Nightforce SHV for a 300win mag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I absolutely love my Beretta A300. I hunt and shoot skeet with it and have never once had a single issue. Shoots like a dream. Especially for the price.