What gear will you add or remove

11boo

WKR
Gear I added mid-hunt ..... Mouse traps!

Picked some up while in town getting fuel. Caught 9 of those little bastards in a day!

yep, never only taking two traps again. 4 minimum. Weird year for sure, never seen so many mice and so few elk.

Also, during clean up post season I dump my pack and hose it out. I had enough First aid stuff to work a couple heavy trauma cases. It’ll be a wash, weight wise, cause I’ll drop half the first aid and add a small light tarp. Probably adding a sawyer squeeze to the pack too.

11boo

WKR
I see a few people seeing they are leaving gaiters behind. I just added these to my gear to get for first time elk hunting next fall, will be first rifle in Colorado. Should I just not get them or would they be necessary by that time?

Mine stay in camp till it rains, or like this year, snows. It’s usually too warm for me to wear them in archery season.

I added some large trash bags. I'm going to use them to line my pack for the pack out so I don't have to clean the pack so often. Other use is for laying out meat in the field to keep it clean. I haven't shot anything yet so I've yet to test this addition :)

I keep it pretty minimal so nothing to remove this season.

OP
B

bignocks

FNG
I see a few people seeing they are leaving gaiters behind. I just added these to my gear to get for first time elk hunting next fall, will be first rifle in Colorado. Should I just not get them or would they be necessary by that time?
I love gaiters if it's going to be damp. If it's knee high brush they are nice so that you don't have to wear hot water proof pants. Same thing with snow. But if it's warm out then I don't bring them. Basically weather and moisture dependent