What Glue For Victory Vap 95 Grain Inserts

ElkNut1

WKR
Hey guys, I shoot the Victory Vap elite .166 arrows 350 spine with the 95 grain steel inserts & have a hell of a time getting them to stay rooted in the arrows. I clean inside shafts with alcohol & rough up insert & have used epoxy, gorilla glue & still have inserts come out with field points & especially broadheads out of regular matrix targets. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

ElkNut

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I had a hell of a time getting my inserts to stay rooted in my victory vaps as well. Finally pulled all of my 95 grain insert out and used the HIT insert epoxy, let sit for 24 hours and that did the trick.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Hey Paul,

The Easton HIT 24-hour epoxy usually holds pretty good on other arrows, but I normally have used my golf club 2-part epoxy and it works really well. I figure if it will keep golf club heads on the shafts with that much impact over and over, it's got to be good. I ran out last year so picked up some new golf club epoxy and it mixes up black......but so far some good stuff.

I have no experience with those particular arrows, but I exclusively use hot melt for my builds (Bohning Cool Flex or Kimsha) and have had good results with a wide variety of shaft/insert combinations. The great thing about hot melt is that if you don't like it, it's easy to remove and try something else.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
I've used Jb weld & they pull out with it as well, I just don't understand why it happens so frequently. I must be cursed! (grin)

ElkNut

I've used Jb weld & they pull out with it as well, I just don't understand why it happens so frequently. I must be cursed! (grin)

ElkNut

Really?? I’ve never lost an outsert once I switched. That sucks though. Biggest downside to micro arrows in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
I've used these arrows for close to 7 years now & every year I lose half my inserts in my targets. This never happened with Easton Axis I used to shoot but these have a smaller diameter & I really like their toughness. It's the inserts that are the head scratcher to me????

ElkNut

Reactions: Zac

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

I've never worked with those arrows but I have used this on a number of different builds and never pulled an insert. Its permanent. Broke shafts trying to get inserts out with the drill bit method. Downside is an extremely short work time.

1sickLT1

FNG
I had a nightmare with outserts of varying weights pulling out of VAPs as well.
Im surprised to hear you had an issue with gorilla glue not staying put though. When I started using impact resistant gorilla glue they wouldn't come out for anything.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Hmm, not sure if the Gorilla glue I used was Impact resistant, didn't know there was a difference? Thanks!

ElkNut

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
Hmm, not sure if the Gorilla glue I used was Impact resistant, didn't know there was a difference? Thanks!

ElkNut
use the gorilla glue with the blue cap, its the impact resistant stuff.

another option is ditching the victory inserts and running the ethics 90-110gr system. works really well for me and is much sturdier than the victory inserts.

Mmomn

Lil-Rokslider
I had problems with my Victory RIP TKO inserts pulling out. I tried Easton Hit epoxy and JB Weld 24hr epoxy but they didn't hold at all. Third try I used Insert Iron and I haven't had any inserts come loose since

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
That would probably work too, this is what I got in 8oz bottles. https://www.golfworks.com/golfworks-epoxy-8oz/p/epx/

The first arrows I've used it on are the Victory RIP TKO's and it's working great so far. I'd just make sure it's a 1 to 1 mix ratio epoxy, and I think the 24 hour stuff seems to work better than the quick set epoxy. The thing I like about this stuff is it's designed for "high impact", and there are alot of golf clubs with steel heads and carbon graphite shafts and it holds them great.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Let me know how it works for you. If there's a problem it must be with those arrows and insert combo.

I got some of the Sirius Apollo .204" ID arrows to try and used the HIT epoxy with HIT's and the inserts all pulled out within just a few shots. Then after cleaning up the shafts again I tried this new stuff and they're still holding.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
You bet, I'll let you know. I ordered the exact epoxy & a doz stainless steel 95 grain inserts for my Vap's. What I've noticed when they pull out is the glues are still on the insert but the shafts perfectly clean inside. I wish I had a way to slightly score the inside so the glues would have something to root too. As of now I clean the heck out of them with alcohol. Thanks!

ElkNut

I wish I had a way to slightly score the inside so the glues would have something to root too.
I recently began using a 22 caliber bronze bore brush to score the inside of standard diameter shafts before installing the inserts. A 17 caliber brush would probably work for micro diameter shafts.

Credit to @doncarpenter for the bore brush tip in a Rokslide post he made a while back on arrow building.

Last edited: