What groups are most effective advocating for public lands?

BHA, TRCP, and orgs similar to Montana Wildlife Federation in other states.

Hard to support BHA absolutely with Land Tawney at the helm and some of the questionable partners but I don't know of any others who have raised awareness on public land issues nearly as much as BHA. Unfortunately in these days of Tribalism, all the good is tied to the bad by people too tied to their politcal Tribe to think objectively.

RMEF does great work but they have been silent on issues degrading the quality of public land hunting in MT and elsewhere.
It’s not tribalism. It’s the unwillingness to support questionable motives because the organization claims something very different then what they actually do. If that’s not your position that’s fine. But, it’s the position of most everyone who opposes the BHA. And, it has zero to do with politics.

It’s not tribalism. It’s the unwillingness to support questionable motives because the organization claims something very different then what they actually do. If that’s not your position that’s fine. But, it’s the position of most everyone who opposes the BHA. And, it has zero to do with politics.

I wish Land Tawney wasn't at the helm. I wish they didn't have hefty donations from organizations that are enemies to hunters. Their support of green energy infrastructure on public lands is as hypocritical as it comes. I wish they would have shared facts and taken a side in relation to griz delisting and other predator hunting issues. For these reasons I wont support them. But I'm not going to minimize and degrade their fight on issues that are mutually beneficial because I dont support them.

I see wise cracks and negative connotations by hunters towards public land advocacy everywhere because they want to make sure they aren't lumped in with the "BHA libruls" even if said public land advocacy often benefits them. That's tribalism.

I wish Land Tawney wasn't at the helm. I wish they didn't have hefty donations from organizations that are enemies to hunters. Their support of green energy infrastructure on public lands is as hypocritical as it comes. I wish they would have shared facts and taken a side in relation to griz delisting and other predator hunting issues. For these reasons I wont support them. But I'm not going to minimize and degrade their fight on issues that are mutually beneficial because I dont support them.

I see wise cracks and negative connotations by hunters towards public land advocacy everywhere because they want to make sure they aren't lumped in with the "BHA libruls" even if said public land advocacy often benefits them. That's tribalism.
Wise cracks may indeed be tribalism. But, I think most who share your feelings about the BHA are doing so for the same reservations you shared.

I don’t know. Maybe I’m wrong. But, I give men the ability to reason. So, I attribute the tribalism comments as a result of their feelings. Not the cause of it.

Not arguing at all. Just a different perspective. Take care and God Bless