What Gun Case?

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
Hey All,

Just wondering what case all of you are using when throwing your gun in your truck? I'm looking for a couple new cases for my rifles. One of the rifles is a 26" barrel with a brake and the other is an AR with a bull barrel. Any suggestions of cases to stay away from?

Thanks, JBIggs

Fatcamp

WKR
Pelican obviously.

That said, I have a heavy Plano case for a carbine that has been through a lot. We flew with it and loaded it as heavy as allowed with tools and diving equipment and it came home just how it left.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I use a cheap padded soft case for truck transportation. I've never had a need for a hard case in my truck. I use a Pelican 1750 for airline travel.

HUNTER100

Lil-Rokslider
Pelican 1750 here as well. On a related note, you can buy extra peices of the closed cell foam to have custom cut outs for different rifles. (I use an electric knife to make the cut outs)

davsco

WKR
yeah for driving back and forth to my hunting spot, just a soft padded case, cordura or similar with padding. when i went cross country for elk, had each rifle in a relatively cheap hard plastic case with foam inside. now if air travel or rifle will really be getting tossed around, then i have a cabela's aluminum case with serious foam inside.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Pelican 1750 here as well. On a related note, you can buy extra peices of the closed cell foam to have custom cut outs for different rifles. (I use an electric knife to make the cut outs)

I never cut my foam. I always take one piece of foam out and put my rifle or shotgun in a soft case then put it in the Pelican. That way when I get to my destination, I can ditch the hard case and still have the protection of the soft case.

Tbuckus

WKR
I just picked up a RTIC hard case during their sale. My old Plano hard case was starting to wear out.
It’ll be a wait and see about the new case. Reviews state not as good as a Pelican, but close.

I usually have my scope guns in a hard case or in a rack in my truck for most hunting. Too paranoid about things bumping into it.

I have a Cabelas version of the 1750. Armor extreme i Think is the model. Its a nice case but man the cooler cases are heavy for general use.

Grumman

WKR
I finally sprung for a Pelican 1750. Should have done it a long time ago after buying cheap ones that didn’t last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrongside

WKR
As mentioned several times already- Pelican 1750 for long-distance trips or flying.

For soft cases I like the Triad Tac. Not cheap, but very well made and nice feature set. Also, for a bit less dollars but still decent quality, the Shoot-Long cases are nice. But only one size and its lllooonnnggg.