What gun cleaning products?

Ursus1975

FNG
Just picked up a new Weatherby 300 and want to start fresh with a proper barrel break in and general maintenance cleaning. What products have you guys used and which ones do i need to stay away from.

ianpadron

WKR
Just picked up a new Weatherby 300 and want to start fresh with a proper barrel break in and general maintenance cleaning. What products have you guys used and which ones do i need to stay away from.
Proper barrel break-in: shoot the rifle.

I like Hoppes #9 when it's bath time (not often)

If you want to waste your time swabbing the bore every few shots following one of those hilarious break-in protocols, be my guest, but it's not necessary.

Congrats on the new rifle, should be a hammer!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
Proper barrel break-in: shoot the rifle.

I like Hoppes #9 when it's bath time (not often)

If you want to waste your time swabbing the bore every few shots following one of those hilarious break-in protocols, be my guest, but it's not necessary.

Congrats on the new rifle, should be a hammer!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
+1
BB.jpg

rtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
I'll do wipe downs with CLP. After a bunch of rounds I'll do Wipeout.

ofl0926

WKR
Boretech is what I use
If you go to the weatherby forums it’s what most guys use there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA Hunter

WKR
I use Sweets to get the copper out (Don’t let it sit in there too long) it is amazing how much comes out that regular cleaning products won’t remove. For general cleaning I don’t get so crazy just Hopes and some Remington oil for rust prevention. I always remove copper fowling though.

I had a Remington Sendero stainless trigger rust on me in Newfoundland as I was trying to get the safety off with a bull moose staining at me 50 yds away after a week in the rain. I learned a lesson keeping the safety lubed and clean.

ctowntex

FNG
Eezox Premium Gun Care. I started using this on my semi auto duck hunting shotgun because it was supposed be good to below zero. Gun runs flawlessly now in cold temps. Also it's supposed to have very good corrosion resistance compared to other products.

And if you care about stuff like this, it actually has a nice smell to it. My wife doesn't complain when I clean my guns in the house now.

MTRaine

Lil-Rokslider
Bore tech makes excellent stuff but depending on where you lived your local sporting goods store may not have it. I also use Patch out with the Accelerator and have been really happy with how easy it cleans.

Another vote for Boretech products. Also get a good bore guide and a coated rod. Improper cleaning can damage a rifle.

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Hornady 1 Shot Cleaner and Lube, haven't had any complaints yet.