what happened to GIRU.com

Stwrt9

WKR
I think the real question is how are the tents coming along?

I received an email last week regarding the tents as i'm sure you did if you helped fund it, that they are in production and will ship later this fall. So i emailed them back to get some clarification as to what later this fall was and got no response back as of yet. Later this fall sounds to me like these will not even be close to being in our hands for the hunting season which is a huge disappointment! I funded the refuge so that i would be able to take it to Colorado, and if i don't have it in time for that there really wasn't any purpose for me to get one in the first place. I'm just a little disappointed but i understand that there was a chance i wouldn't have it to begin with, it just sucks cause it would have been nice to use it in stead of having it sit in a closet for another year till the following Sept.

jm1607

WKR
Got a response from Kuiu.

Hey Josh,

Jason’s sold his interest in GIRU to his partner in the business in April. We have noticed the site has been shut down as well. For further information you may contact the owner of GIRU [email protected].
This will not have any effect on the Summit Refuge. We've got you covered!

KUIU’s customer service is mistaken, Jason Hairston, the owner of KUIU, still controls GIRU. All GIRU questions should be directed to Jason Hairston at [email protected]

Hmmm...

Sounds like someone is lying. Bet I could guess who ;)

snopro176

WKR
I received an email last week regarding the tents as i'm sure you did if you helped fund it, that they are in production and will ship later this fall. So i emailed them back to get some clarification as to what later this fall was and got no response back as of yet. Later this fall sounds to me like these will not even be close to being in our hands for the hunting season which is a huge disappointment! I funded the refuge so that i would be able to take it to Colorado, and if i don't have it in time for that there really wasn't any purpose for me to get one in the first place. I'm just a little disappointed but i understand that there was a chance i wouldn't have it to begin with, it just sucks cause it would have been nice to use it in stead of having it sit in a closet for another year till the following Sept.
Same here, I just shot them an email asking if there was an option to pulling out since I need it this year, not next and I'm going to have to buy a shelter to get my by this year anyway. Pretty bummed on this one..

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Stwrt9

WKR
Same here, I just shot them an email asking if there was an option to pulling out since I need it this year, not next and I'm going to have to buy a shelter to get my by this year anyway. Pretty bummed on this one..

i'm still waiting on a response. At this point any response would be better than no response. All i'm looking for is a confirmation that it will or will not be in my hands for September elk so that i can make other arrangements shelter wise and not have to wait till the last possible min to buy a different shelter.

snopro176

WKR
i'm still waiting on a response. At this point any response would be better than no response. All i'm looking for is a confirmation that it will or will not be in my hands for September elk so that i can make other arrangements shelter wise and not have to wait till the last possible min to buy a different shelter.
"late fall" sounds to me like that's a negative.. I'm thinking a Jimmy tarps Hudson tipi will do the job and then some.

fastrr

FNG
I would agree with you guys. I had originally hoped that the Summit shelter would be my go to tent/shelter for this years hunting season. I was anticipating that I would have it early enough to test out before using during the hunting season. I was a little upset with GIRU and KUIU that it took so long after the initial development before taking orders. The prices increased as well from development, I having to pay for shipping on each item. I don't have a lot of confidence that I will the Summit shelter in my hands to try out before Elk season so I am starting to plan on going another route this year.

KUIU could have done a better job on getting these shelters to there customers before the hunting season started. Maybe they will come through but as the weeks go by, I am not going to put any trust in a shelter I have not tested prior to a big hunt.

Can you dispute the charges through your credit card for a refund? I know pay pal is really good at getting disputes settled. I had made an internet purchase and the company wouldn't respond to my emails. It took about 3 days after filing the dispute with pay pal and I had my money back no questions asked.

Stwrt9

WKR
Can you dispute the charges through your credit card for a refund? I know pay pal is really good at getting disputes settled. I had made an internet purchase and the company wouldn't respond to my emails. It took about 3 days after filing the dispute with pay pal and I had my money back no questions asked.

i know for me at least, at this point i have no interest in disputing the charges as i fully understood what the process was for funding it into production and having to wait for it. But it doesn't change the fact that i was hoping to have this in my hands for hunting season. i got it at a ridiculous price which i can't complain about.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
i know for me at least, at this point i have no interest in disputing the charges as i fully understood what the process was for funding it into production and having to wait for it. But it doesn't change the fact that i was hoping to have this in my hands for hunting season. i got it at a ridiculous price which i can't complain about.
I agree, once it went on hold for the stove jack addition I knew it wouldn't be available till maybe November at the earliest. I didn't fund it because for the third time a "glitch" took me off the email notification.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone receive any update on the Kuiu jacket? Now that Giru is gone I wonder if they will actually show up.

Theraven

FNG
Wondering if anyone has anything new on giru? I too am curious about the giru tent especially. I looked into the paypal buyer protection, it says I have to submit a claim before Oct 2017 to be covered. The disappointing part is that I bought the tent with hopes of a future stove jack. If that's not happening I might as well buy a kifaru

snopro176

WKR
Wondering if anyone has anything new on giru? I too am curious about the giru tent especially. I looked into the paypal buyer protection, it says I have to submit a claim before Oct 2017 to be covered. The disappointing part is that I bought the tent with hopes of a future stove jack. If that's not happening I might as well buy a kifaru
I emailed them and asked if I could back out because I need the money to buy a shelter to get me my for this season since theirs won't be here in time and they said no problem.. definitely not what I wanted to do but I think a Jimmy tarps Hudson tipi will be a nice shelter for similar money..

Kuiu live on Friday I asked and was replied to with this
54ebefedb91ca78ae895b982d38e8329.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk